Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » More details for "Regeneration" and "First Flight" (Spoilers) (Page 4)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: More details for "Regeneration" and "First Flight" (Spoilers)
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A cyclical redundancy check is a way of making sure data hasn't been corrupted. A CRC error probably means your CD was written incorrectly. I had that happen a lot when my CD burner was going bad.
Warbadden Hawkins
Member # 905

- posted      Profile for Warbadden Hawkins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That was the frelling worst episode of ANYTHING I've ever SEEN!!!!!!!

First I have gone on strike: I quite watching after last season. However I was intrigued how B+B could mess up the borg......

since when does the NX-01 have "photon" looking(and sounding) torpedoes and linear phaser arrays?

since when do the borg not assimilate defenceless humans lying on the ground......

the guns only have two settings and maclom says use "high-est" setting

Why didn't the E-E sensors pick up MASSIVE SPHERE CHUNKS, I mean what the heck that hull piece was at least 100ft tall!!

At least for me I'm settleing on the FACT that the entire concept of a "NX-01 UNIVERSE" is a alternate reality. NOT the NORMAL QUANTUM REALITYwe tend to think of when regarding TREK.

"I am wondering why the borg would go to their homeworld if it is so far away and they already informed themselves and there is a planet of defenseless humans sitting right there in their grasp and the reinforcements would have no hope of getting there in time......why abandon the mission in the middle of a perfect opportunity just to go on a futile sight seeing trip?"
Quoted from KARNAGE with permission.

AT LEAST THE BANANAS WILL DIE TOO!!!!

[ May 07, 2003, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: Warbadden Hawkins ]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's nice.
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll tell pa to dust off the straight-jacket....

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Double post...damn...

Umm...take yer complainin' back to Trekweb!! [Razz]

--------------------

Warbadden Hawkins
Member # 905

- posted      Profile for Warbadden Hawkins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tell me the truth Futureama Guy or whatever you are, did you actually like that episode....and if you did I think that you have a lower IQ every second an you can somehow get sucked into your bathtub drain if you wanted too.

But if you hated it or merely disliked it then your a normal trekkie, if that applies in a "normal" way.

You that whiny POS Jedi aren't you?

--------------------
Captain Hawkins
USS Delphronta

BTW [,.??,;,"",' the, it, outran.]

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"That was the frelling worst episode of ANYTHING I've ever SEEN!!!!!!!"

I completely agree.

I was watching this episode of Full House where Uncle Danny was doing something and Mr. Romijn disagreed and played rock music, while the InternetPhenomenaTwins looked on. And Mrs. Saint Louis Blues forward made an appearance.

Even that was better than this episode, surely.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

quote:
Originally posted by Warbadden Hawkins:
Tell me the truth Futureama Guy or whatever you are, did you actually like that episode....and if you did I think that you have a lower IQ every second an you can somehow get sucked into your bathtub drain if you wanted too.

But if you hated it or merely disliked it then your a normal trekkie, if that applies in a "normal" way.

I'm sorry, "Captain Dawkins", but my life doesn't revolve around Trek the way yours quite obviously does. I will agree there are consistancies that do not totally add up, but one thing I have learned with Trek...throughout...is that it never totally adds up for various reasons, including the fact that it is not real, "Captain".

I have come to find that this is to be expected with Enterprise and having come off of a DS9 high, disappointed with Voyager altogether, I find Enterprise, at least, to be fairly refreshing with the things that they have done that have been original or, like "Regeneration" were attempted to be original.

So to answer your question: No, I didn't think it was bad, there were certainly inconsistancies, and I certainly feel no dumber for watching it...but I can tell you one thing: My sense of reality remains the same, and I am certainly not losing any sleep over this...it's only TV..afterall.

--------------------

Warbadden Hawkins
Member # 905

wow I think im just going to state here and now that Futureama guy is right Im a dumb -moronic-trekker that lives trek with his life companion his comptuer.....Gotta problem with that?

Here is a qestion for you Futuama dudette, Suppose a ship , lets say, voyager is in the delta quadrant.
and it would take this "voyager" 80 years to get [email protected]

a subspace message would travel at a warp much faster than a ship is capable of but it will still take 200 years to get ther ....@ 9.999 somthing or the other

Is it I who is confused or B+B?

I would even venture to beleive that the BORG "homeworld" would be closer than 75K LYs to the AQ.

--------------------
Captain Hawkins
USS Delphronta

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That was some scrambled.

But: "Futuama dudette"

Really? This is what you're going to do? This is the best thing you could come up with? Really?

Warbadden Hawkins
Member # 905

Yes, like I said before I'm LAME.

--------------------
Captain Hawkins
USS Delphronta

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hate to break it to you, but we don't need you to tell us that for us to know that about you.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just saw the episode... those aluminum suits those Arctic scientists were using also was featured in Voyager's Timeless... which was modified from the DS9 episode where Quark and Odo crash land a runabout. Other than that, the episode was tolerable.

A theory on the slow assimilation process...
The Borg have algorithms that initiate when they are cut off from The Collective, basically for survival and retrieval. What if it takes The Collective, or even a "mini collective" like in FC to fully initiate the nanoprobes. The Voyager episode "Unity" had the Cooperative link together to heal Chakotay's injuries. What if you need some kind of central order to make assimilation go faster?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ohhhh what if they decided to build a Borg Queen - I know I'm getting into spoiler territory - but anyway - from what it sounds like - I reckon it's a problem with being effectively severed from the link. Only can assimilate with speed with the help of all the other Borg - only can build a Borg-queen when you have the items and the connections.

Which makes me think of an explanation of why assimilating used to take longer - apart from the lack of nano-probes (they sort of appeared later on - do you think they did eventually try Wesley's idea and it instead enhanced the Borg?) maybe if out of contact with the main part of the collective - i.e. there's only a small number cut off - then they can't assimilate as effectively?

Maybe they could during FC - because they brought along their own Borg Queen Chamber or something? Where-as in things like "Drone" - apart from being severed and regaining their former selves - scouts don't have enough to start assimilating correctly. Maybe it was a scout which was poking around the Neutral Zone in 2364 and it was destroyed or fled when a D'Deridex and a Galaxy was closing in on it. Because even if they did get aboard either ship - being a scout crew a long way from major connections with the hive - then they had limited 'ability' i.e. 'connections' or equipment to assimilate anything.

Oh BTW - thanks TSN about the cyclical redundancy thing. I used the computer at uni and just copied and burnt the file using the Windows xp function - Nero would be better to use in cases like 400Mb movie files - wouldn't it?

Although I downloaded "Dead Stop" the same way - and it was fine.

Thanks.

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Obi Juan
Who's your master?
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for Obi Juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Warbadden Hawkins:

a subspace message would travel at a warp much faster than a ship is capable of but it will still take 200 years to get ther ....@ 9.999 somthing or the other

They are using a 2150s transmitter (albeit modified). Who says subspace communications travel at 9.999... in 2153 (especially without a relay)?

Not that I expect you to answer with anything but a whiny insult. Maybe you'd be a happier person if you used your whiny POS Jedi powers to make everyone agree with you.

--------------------
"Existence is random. Has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it too long. No meaning save what we choose to impose. This rudderless world is not shaped by vague metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It?s us. Only us."
Rorschach

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps