Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » More details for "Regeneration" and "First Flight" (Spoilers) (Page 5)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: More details for "Regeneration" and "First Flight" (Spoilers)
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

At least for me I'm settleing on the FACT that the entire concept of a "NX-01 UNIVERSE" is a alternate reality. NOT the NORMAL QUANTUM REALITYwe tend to think of when regarding TREK.

That's about the only thing left now. I've seen some arguments about how easy it is to lose data over 200 years, but I can't believe that this could be lost information, Picard would have to know about the Borg before their fist encounter.

quote:

since when does the NX-01 have "photon" looking(and sounding) torpedoes and linear phaser arrays?

I think it was just the f/x of the torpedoes. They hooked up what I believe they are calling "Phase Cannons" earlier in the season.

I liked the episode, but it leaves far to much information about the Borg around for it to go away. With the events of "First Contact", and "Regeneration" giving Phlox a close look at Borg Nano Probes, Plus they still could have pieces of a Borgified ship to study.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Warbadden Hawkins:
the guns only have two settings and maclom says use "high-est" setting

Why didn't the E-E sensors pick up MASSIVE SPHERE CHUNKS, I mean what the heck that hull piece was at least 100ft tall!!

Actually the quote was more like "set them to maximum". 'Stun' wasn't working..so 'kill' was obviously the "maximum" setting he was referring to...

...Considering it is the Arctic...and not to mention the fact the E-E sensors were down, the sphere hull could have easily been buried under snow and became exposed following shifts in the ice or from global warming..who knows...either way, Voyager was under quite a bit of ice after 15 year following its crash landing in "Timeless".

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, in addition to those ship bits, there are now two more Borg floating around somewere in interstellar space along with the handful in orbit around the Earth. [Smile]
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wouldn't those Borg been vaporized by Worf long before they got into Earths orbit...and any of the remains would have been futher burned up by the atmosphere....??

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Considering that there are currently thousands on Near Earth Objects zipping around the earth at thousands of miles per hour and by Cochrane's time it's likely that there would be millions more, No, I don't think a Drone in orbit would have survived intact (or even in large-ish chunks) in an erratic orbit (at best) for more than a few days tops.

Remember all the Earch junk floating around undiscovered even into TNG's era and you'll see why nobody finding a couple of depressurized drones from this episode makes sense.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

But there was no "depressurized drones from this episode" in orbit of or from Earth, they were quite a ways from Earth when the were blown out of the Enterprise.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But then, no one had found that space probe that the KBOP blows away in STV or that vessel containing those cryogenically preserved people from The Neutral Zone.
Or Kahn's "sleeper ship" from Space Seed.
...or even several lost starships that had vanished for hundreds of years (several episodes in this area)....and that's just the human debris!
Don't forget the K'Tinga choc full of sleeping Klingons that nobody had noticed for almost a whole century. [Wink]

Imagine all the bits of destroyed ships from the Federation and Klingon's various wars with other cultures and each other.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

I thought this was about stuff floating around Earth, as in its orbit...

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I was responding to this post:

quote:
Originally posted by Mucus:
Well, in addition to those ship bits, there are now two more Borg floating around somewere in interstellar space along with the handful in orbit around the Earth. [Smile]

Although I'm sure that anything in Earth Orbit would be disintegrated in the atmosphere soon after being cut free by Worf (or whoever).
It takes serious planning and adjustments to maintain a stable orbit and those Drones that were lost were hardly in a position to make any adjustments. [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The FC drones were at least 40.000 kilometers up... it would take centuries for their orbit to decay, assuming Worf didn't tractor them back in for the annual 2373 freakshow...
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

They probably were just plain vaporized in the weapons explosion...

--------------------

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why would the FC drones be so high up? Earth didn't look all that small in the background when the heroes jettisoned the deflector. And the E-E certainly wasn't on a geostationary orbit, as there were even *verbal references* to it moving in relation to Earth.

(And "forward", bow first, for that matter, if the establishing shots are any indication. So even disregarding the size of Earth on the background, the orbit would be lower than stationary, not higher - I can't believe the ship would be orbiting stern first even if its relative motion resulted in the bow moving "forward" wrt the ground.)

Timo Saloniemi

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Vulcans should hacve detected the two drones that worf fought. One of those was "Hawk", Correct?

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by Cartmaniac:
The FC drones were at least 40.000 kilometers up... it would take centuries for their orbit to decay, assuming Worf didn't tractor them back in for the annual 2373 freakshow...

They went flying off in uncontrolled trajectories.
Their orbit would have decayed far faster than a anything placed there on purpose.
Even if they were 40,000 klicks up they would have entered a slow decaying orbit almost immeadately.
Besides, just because the Enterprise blew it regarding the Sphere's wreckage does'nt mean that they could'nt have cleaned up their local area of debris and a few stray drones (and given Hawk a funeral).
There's a lot that had to happen between the Queen's death and the Enterprise's departure: somehow getting back all those lifeboats for starters. [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, and most likely assisting the Phoenix and its crew back to Earth.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps