Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » $$alternate THE EXPANSE theory$$ (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: $$alternate THE EXPANSE theory$$
TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One thing that made me think... the Xindi are basically defending themselves. Granted,the DID attack Earth first, but when Archer gets to them, he'll probobly decide that humanity and Xindi have a mutual enemy.

Who's to say, that the Xindi arn't being set-up? ONE probe makes a token attack that does enough damage to get attention, but isn't anything, compaired to what would happen if the probe just slammed into Earth at half lightspeed. THEN, it conveintly crashes and the pilot's body is recovered. they must be moronic aliens if they are going to allow us to get ahold that that much evidance. What about that future-tech? IF the Xindi where warned about Humanity and they sent that probe for a weapons test, why would it have future-tech? unless that was a remote control and the pilot was already dead?

Just as the Suliban of the present are actually picked-upon good guys, I get the Xindi are being manipulated.

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does this really need a separate thread?

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Separate from what? It's the only non-tech thread about "The Expanse" so far.
Phoenix
Member # 966

- posted      Profile for Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think you may be right.

I really don't see Earth obliterating a planet, in 400 years time or not.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Of course, an attack in the 2550s would seemingly be coming from the Federation, not from just humans, but I doubt this was meant as a clue, Earth being a synonym for the UFP far too often in the past.
Phoenix
Member # 966

- posted      Profile for Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Talking about future Federations, why haven't Braxton and Co intervened in this obvious temporal stuff yet?

(Well obviously not Braxton himself, because he's in prison, but his successors)

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's my point exactly. you would think that the opposition of the faction that sent the Xindi on the war path would have just simply stopped them. By giving all this information to the 22nd century Starfleet, theyre altering their own history. Earth is making discoveries in advance of what they would have normally done.

They killed Duras soley because they had come home to re-arm. If Earth hadn't been attacked, Archer wouldn't have been close enough for help to save him and he certainly wouldn't have blown that Klingon ship up (okay, Duras MAY have escaped). That MUST have some affect on the future, even if only to put the family on the warpath.

Certainly, the 7-million dead will make a change in history, not to mention the technology salvaged from that probe.

What will Archer NOT be doing, that he would have been if not going to the delphic expanse?

This all adds up to something that the temporal ranger-doods should be avoiding just as much as Earth being destroyed.

As usual, I imagine, it will all be overlooked.

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like all these ideas, but do you really, REALLY think Berman and Braga gave this blatant retooling of Enterprise this much thought?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They didint, no.
But that's not to say that the smart little birdies that give us stuff only a true nut would notice are'nt whispering episode-saving ideas in their ears whenever they can. [Wink]
You didint really think B&B said: "Y'know what might be fun? Have a model of Nomad on Mayweather's desk. Everyone will get that joke." did you? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Too true. And the inclusion of the old TOS starfleet logo (as seen in Court Martial amongst other places) As the Starfleet logo on top of Starfleet head-quarters!

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Braxton & Co. have only ever been involved in cleaning up the messes from THEIR time. I believe that whatever front of this cold war is in the 26th century is the responsibility of THAT time to deal with - that, or the other fronts in the war, which is pretty much what we're seeing. QED.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Phoenix
Member # 966

quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
Braxton & Co. have only ever been involved in cleaning up the messes from THEIR time. I believe that whatever front of this cold war is in the 26th century is the responsibility of THAT time to deal with - that, or the other fronts in the war, which is pretty much what we're seeing. QED.

Mark

Didn't Braxton in the Aeon come and insist that Voyager be taken back to its proper time and place merely because they'd detected an anomaly on their temporal scanners, or whatever? He didn't have any idea that a version of him, or in fact anyone from his timeframe, was involved, it was just "there's an anomaly, let's fix it".
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"temporal scanner" = wristwatch.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Incidently, I'm not at all sure Duras is dead. His ship was destroyed, sure, but the forward section seemed to be more or less intact. Depends on how good damage control on a Klingon ship is, I guess.
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
^But the thing is even IF he did live who would have gone back to save him? Archer and Co. didn't even scan for lifesigns or anything else that might suggest he lived. The other Klingon ships probably shipped for home, and really, do we want this Duras to be the next Khan, Weyoun or Seska of Enterprise?

Also, I wouldn't put it past anyone that Earth was set up in the eyes of the Xindi. We've seen it once already in the Season 1 finale, where the Enterprise was set up, by the Suliban, for destroying that colony; just as we saw in the pilot ep. where the Suliban set up the Klingons for a civil war. One faction framing another...wooo B&B...obviously there are numerous factions in this feud and IF Earth was set up for presumably attacking the Xindi it really isnt anything too original for this series or this theory. I'm sure this (framing) will be the reason why Earth and Romulus go to war...which will really disappoint me, if it happens. [Frown]

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps