Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » $$alternate THE EXPANSE theory$$ (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: $$alternate THE EXPANSE theory$$
Phoenix
Member # 966

- posted      Profile for Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TheWoozle:
I think that one thing they're trying to say (but NOT actually saying it) is that empires come and go. By the 23rd adn 24th centuries, some of these empries have lost ground. I think of the Vulcans like the British. When the Americans started exploring, the Sun Never Sets On The British Empire and today, they're just an island nation with quaint politics and America's strongest Ally. By the 25th Century, Vulcan is pretty isolationist.

Oh thanks a lot! [Smile]

Anyway, we may be an "island nation" with "quaint politics", but we still have the world's fifth largest economy and the best-trained armed forces in the world. [Smile]

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fourth largest, isn't it? Also we still have Gibralter and the Falklands and several other small islands!!! The Empire lives!!!

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Phoenix
Member # 966

- posted      Profile for Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think the US, Japan, Germany and France are bigger, but I could be wrong.

And technically the Empire never existed in the first place, as the King/Queen was only Emperor/Empress of India. [Smile]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps