Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Enterprise Fans Only (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Enterprise Fans Only
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After all, it *IS* about 200 years before they meet again in "Q Who?"... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by David Templar:
quote:
Originally posted by Proteus:
if you ask me, Guinan needs to guest star on Enterprise.

Followed by Q, who will drop little hints about a certain future Enterprise Captain.
...causing Archer to shave his head [Razz]

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Wraith:

...as well as tug the front of his uniform, even if it is a jumpsuit.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hush, you too [Razz]

Just watched The Expanse... man I can't wait for the next season [Big Grin]

--------------------
The Legend of Jeff Raven: As told by himself

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, but I wanted to say a few things.

Personally I saw all of Season 1 and parts of Season 2. The simple reason is that I don't have time to wathc the show, because I wortk 12+ hour days in the Navy and the show happens to show when I work. Now and again, I catch a few episodes here and there.

I like what I see and I have ard time trying to grasp why people like to bash the show especially the show itself. Some will even go out of their way to personally bash the show at every chan ce they get.

Middy Seafort
Member # 951

- posted      Profile for Middy Seafort     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by David Templar:
quote:
Originally posted by Wraith:

...as well as tug the front of his uniform, even if it is a jumpsuit.
Picard still tugged at his uniform even when it was a one-piece, spandex... I mean, futuristic material... jumper. So, Archer can still tug..
Ahkileez
Member # 734

- posted      Profile for Ahkileez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Matrix:
I like what I see and I have ard time trying to grasp why people like to bash the show especially the show itself. Some will even go out of their way to personally bash the show at every chance they get.

I agree with you here, Matrix.

I describe myself as someone who can enjoy almost anything. I just appreciate something for what it is, not what it is in comparision to something else. I liked Voyager, but at the same time I saw the same problems that seemed to bother so many other people. Their issues, while I thought them nitpicky and overblown, did have some merit.

So far there's been very little in that level of faux pas on Enterprise. Overall it's a great show I think.

I've found that the foundation for most bashers' dislike for Enterprise is that it conflicts with their personal conclusions/expectations for the Pre-TOS era. It has very little to do with canon. These people filled in the massive blanks TNG and TOS left and don't like when the 'new history' throws a big rusty monkeywrench into their presumptive view of the Trek universe.

It's akin to people loving everything about the Mona Lisa and then finding out that the model for it was a hooker, or that Custer was a coward and an incompetent not a valiant leader that died bravely.

I intend to continue watching Enterprise. Though I have to download from the net to see the show, I've seen every episode and loved every bit of it. I hope it goes 7 years just like the rest.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps