Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » (Non-continuity) mistakes in Regeneration (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: (Non-continuity) mistakes in Regeneration
aneurysm
Member # 906

- posted      Profile for aneurysm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i just saw it...how cool was it? i think they handled it very well. but i thought that it was full of mistakes (non continuity, just plain normal mistakes).
-- when enterprises hull plating failed someone (mayweather i think) stated that the borg had starting cutting into E deck, which is on the underneath of the ship. the next shot of the battle right after, the borg are clearly seen cutting into the top of the ship.

--its nice to know that conn/navigation can perform the functions that tactical can when trips not there!! ok not so much a mistake but worth mentioning nonetheless.

--why, when the borg that had boarded the enterprise had already adapted did it take the borg on the assimilated transport longer? the borg are a hive mind, they would all adapt at the same time.

--archer flushed out the two Tarkalean Borg into space. although he wouldn't know this, it has been established in first contact that the borg can survive in space. so there is two borg now floating in space not far from earth waiting to be picked up by the next passing starship. the process will start all over again. future enterprise borg episode anyone?

--when admiral Forrest and gang arrive at the research site when they walk in the door is open about 6 inches or so. so why is the entire inside filled with snow? just inside the door i can buy but there would have to be a huge fucking hole in the roof to let all that snow in.

--mass increased by three percent? the ship had nearly doubled in size. surely it would be a hell of a lot more than three percent. which leads me onto the next point...

--how the hell did 7 Borg manage to add all that to the ship in the space of a few days? even after they had assimlated another 22 Tarkaleans the amount of work they added seems hugely unbelieveable....

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by aneurysm:
--why, when the borg that had boarded the enterprise had already adapted did it take the borg on the assimilated transport longer? the borg are a hive mind, they would all adapt at the same time.

Archer and Reed were using the modified/upgraded (more powerful) phase pistols. The security dudes back on the ship just had standard (less powerful) pistols.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The spaced borg could indeed survive for a short time in space... but it could be centures before they go anwwhere.

The Arctic building had snow in it, because the roof was gone.

The Transport may have gotten bigger, but it still had the same materials, hence the tiny increase in mass. In thwory, they could have used that same amount of metal, to make a planet-size baloon, one molecule thick...

Borg don't sleep... 22 robots can do a lot of work in just a few days of perfectly syncronized effort.

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

Phoenix
Member # 966

- posted      Profile for Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by aneurysm:
-- when enterprises hull plating failed someone (mayweather i think) stated that the borg had starting cutting into E deck, which is on the underneath of the ship. the next shot of the battle right after, the borg are clearly seen cutting into the top of the ship.

It's been a while since I've seen it and I don't remember where they were cutting, but looking at this (from EAS), they could have been cutting into E Deck from the top.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TheWoozle:
The spaced borg could indeed survive for a short time in space... but it could be centures before they go anwwhere.

The Arctic building had snow in it, because the roof was gone.

The Transport may have gotten bigger, but it still had the same materials, hence the tiny increase in mass. In thwory, they could have used that same amount of metal, to make a planet-size baloon, one molecule thick...

Borg don't sleep... 22 robots can do a lot of work in just a few days of perfectly syncronized effort.

Actually I think allot of the work would have been done by the nano-probes, did you see how fast that circuitry changed?!

I agree that it was a pretty good episode, certainly a much better effort than anything that Voyager produced, Borg-wise.
I think this is largely due to the utter absence of the Borg Queen, as good an actress as Kringe is I think that character did allot to remove the sense of menace that the Borg had always had.
The relentless masses sharing a collective will is far more threatening IMHO than a horde of mindless zombies who are subject to the commands of a moustache twirling villain with an android and bald head fetish.

One thing I will say about this episode is that the lack of the word Borg was rather conspicuous, much like in the Ferengi episode.
However the Borg haven't ALWAYS initiated there communications with the familiar "We are Borg", that is just something of a convention that caught on after BOBW.
Indeed even in that episode the Collective didn't refer to itself as the Borg until Picard exchange onboard the cube.

As far as continuity errors go, most of the damage had already been done in ST:FC and if anything "Regeneration" has served to tie up a few of those loose ends.

That is so long as this is the LAST appearance of our favourite cyborgs on ENT.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"why, when the borg that had boarded the enterprise had already adapted did it take the borg on the assimilated transport longer? the borg are a hive mind, they would all adapt at the same time."

Well, someone mentioned that they were using different phase pistols. I don't remember offhand, so I'll take their word for it. But, what I want to know is why it took so long just for the Borg on the transport to adapt? It seems like they shot ten or twelve of the things before there was any adaptation. Usually it takes two or three.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Could it be that These were 24th century Borg and were still coming to terms with more primative 22nd century weaponry etc. No expecting such a thing etc.?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think so. No every single species in the twenty-fourth century is at the exact same level of technology as twenty-fourth century humans. The Borg should be able to adapt to weapons of all different levels. The more primitive, the easier, I would think.
Ahkileez
Member # 734

- posted      Profile for Ahkileez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if this is canon in any way, but I think it's reasonable to infer that as the Collective grows, it gains in ability.

There were less than 30 Borg in that one area. 24th century or not, they didn't have the distributed computing ability to learn how to block what they were being shot with as quickly.

I think the difference in shots on the Enterprise and the transport was a problem, but as for these Borg not blocking as quick as the future Borg, I think it can be chalked up to diminished capacity.

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TheWoozle:

How would changing the size change the mass? To continue your example planet-sized balloon would have the same mass inflated or crushed into a tiny ball.

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe somewhere in the nanoprobe's memory is designs for a replicator of some sort, and they replicated the additional mass? I am not sure how the replicator works, but I'm sure there's an energy->mass conversion somewhere.

--------------------
The Legend of Jeff Raven: As told by himself

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That would take an insane amount of energy, though. And replicators work using stored banks of existing matter.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where did the Station in "Dead Stop" get it's matter for all that replication?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Where did the Station in "Dead Stop" get it's matter for all that replication?
I thought it got its resources from the energy it siphoned out of the hapless victims it procured.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
nope, the prisoners were all used for their computational ability.. the station plugged them in like RAM chips for its computer.. there was no mention of energy from them..

more likely, the station got energy and raw material from visiting starships, or from Bussard field collecting in space.. (it was demanding warp plasma from NX-01)

imagine the transaction, if it wasnt bungled like the NX-01 visit: a ship visits, trades some of its stores for repairs. during the course of EVERY visit, the station replicates the corpse of a crewmember and kidnaps them. Many of the ships probably don't notice the fake, do a funeral and go home. The station gets to keep some warp plasma or whatever other option it requests as payment, AND gets to keep a new processor for its computer (the kidnapped crewman).

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps