Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » $$ The S3 Arc- Remake of "Star Blazers" [S3 Spoilers?] (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: $$ The S3 Arc- Remake of "Star Blazers" [S3 Spoilers?]
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
I'm sure STarfleet is converting every ship possible to intercept any intruder to Earh's solar system: just look how they jacked Duras.

Maybe this might explain the Romulan War!?! Earth is starting a military build up... Romulans feel threatend?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It seems more than a little premature to start trying to figure out what (if any) grand storytelling plan is at work here, but consider: Earth is now furiously preparing for an attack on Earth itself coming from the direction of the Delphic Expanse. Fair enough. But what happens if all this preparation in one direction leaves Earth (and especially her colonies, from which ships will presumably be diverted, because we know what the Xindi target is) unprepared for an attack from another direction?

Now, considering what's been said in various interviews, it's probably a little unlikely that all this is intended to be someone's attempt to change the outcome of the Human/Romulan war. But it does seem, to me anyway, to be just as possible a storyline as any other, at the moment.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or the Earth/Romulan War could very well be the product of or resolution to the Temporal Cold War....that is if they really wanna be slick about tie-ing up the series in the end with all that we have seen thus far and all that we know is yet to come.
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Watch Blood: The Last Vampire for amazing and realistic anime.

Doubtlessly a docudrama about Vlad the Impaler and his battle with porphyria.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting in that I think Future Guy might be Romulan. We never really see him of course - but he does refer to "the humans" as if not being one himself. He might be disgruntled at the result of the Earth/Romulan war which helped (presumably) to form the United Federation of Planets... AND he didn't want to involve the huumans... yet - and the whole situation in Broken Bow was in reguard to Klingons. So maybe he's also trying to do away with the Klingon Empire too!?!

His sillouhette DOES look vaguely Romulan... high shoulders - rounded head (hair) etc.

Andrew

--------------------

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Interesting in that I think Future Guy might be Romulan. We never really see him of course - but he does refer to "the humans" as if not being one himself. He might be disgruntled at the result of the Earth/Romulan war which helped (presumably) to form the United Federation of Planets... AND he didn't want to involve the huumans... yet - and the whole situation in Broken Bow was in reguard to Klingons. So maybe he's also trying to do away with the Klingon Empire too!?!

His sillouhette DOES look vaguely Romulan... high shoulders - rounded head (hair) etc.

Andrew

[Eek!]

I hope you are kidding...that is such a fanboy response if I have ever seen one!!!!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why would that be a "Fanboy" response?
It sure beats the fuck out of it being any of the Vulcans.

I personally would hope for a Cardassian to be Future Guy:
They lost the most of the major Alpha powers due to the Federation, Romulans and Klingons.
Why not bone all three at the same time?
Total Obsidian Order.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Futurama Guy - reading through posts tonight I've noticed some hostility from you towards me... what have I done?

That is not a FANBOY response - that is extrapolating/summising a possible plot even taking previously seen footage/heard dialogue.

A fan boy response would be...

OMG The romulans should uncloak over earth and there should be like 50,000 ships all attacking each other and there should be just ships of all sorts and then income the Vulcans!!!!!11 and the Tellarites and then along come the Gorn and blast the crap out of everyone and the effects would be amazing and then the Borg reach Earth but are beaten back and the Enterprise E appears out of a temporal vortex and everything is returned to normal and we see the ring ship Enterprise entering the orbit of Andoria!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

Good ole sarcasm, my friend....just when you thought you heard it all....BAM!...you cold-cock us out of nowhere with some wild ideas... [Razz]
TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just, for God's sake, HOPE that B&B arn't reading this...

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

They wouldn't be so lucky...
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

lol - why thankee kind sir! LOL! [Wink]

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks to SECRET INFORMATION SOURCES I think I can say with some degree of confidence that Future Guy is not Cardassian.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have SECRET INFORMATION SOURCES now? Are they pretty?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Tom Selleck in Mr. Baseball
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Tom Selleck in Mr. Baseball     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Simon hasn't been this far on the inside since he read a post by Chris Claremont on an X-Men newsgroup six years ago.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.