Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Extrapolated 3-D Pre-E!

Author Topic: Extrapolated 3-D Pre-E!
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://talk.trekweb.com/articles/2001/07/01/994030763.html

Conjectured by the same guy who did up those E-E CGI's prior to First Contact. He seems to have it less like an upside-down E-nil, as it is an upside-down Akira.. Thoughts?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's great!Very close to what i was thinking based on that "arm patch" graphic.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Previous reports have suggested that the design, like the Akira Class and the traditional Enterprise design, will not include a secondary hull"

The traditional Enterprise design doesn't include a secondary hull? What Enterprises have they been looking at?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The genral appearance of the hull seems plausible, but the overall conceptual design theme appears too modern/24th century. I will be 'irritated' if this mirrors the final design.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I disagree. I think it looks old. lots old. the design mirrors the phoenix.
The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm, what exactly about that design mirrors the Phoenix? Apart from perhaps two tubes - the nacelles bracketed onto the hull, which all ships have in some fashion. But theres nothing about that design which yells out to me '22nd century'!!, or 'pre-starfleet'!!

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The detailing, greebles, pipes, coloring, etc. will have alot to do with whether or not the ship looks 22nd century.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Which, in this picture, has all been made-up by the artist. There was no indication of surface detail at all on that arm-patch thingie.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Exactly my point. We have no way of knowing what kind of detailing will be on the actual model. Even if this design is somewhat accurate, the surface detail they actually use could change the appearance drastically.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd have to agree. Eaves, I'd like to think, is capable of something a lot more imaginative than this designed-by-numbers piece of crap.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.