Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » $$ The Xindi $$ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: $$ The Xindi $$
Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did [Roll Eyes]

And, since Trip is his patient, what happened to his "will respect patient wishes" "cornerstone of Denobulan medical ethics"?

Yes, I know, it's very complicated, and you may perhaps argue that technically he "gave" him the insomnia "cure", but puhleese... my personal ratings for The Xindi dropped to half after that massage scene [Embarrassed]

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
Anyone else thought it was a bit strange that Phlox was basically pimping T'Pol?

Didn't you see the second season episode "Phlox and his Hoes" - typical UPN programming! [Smile]

Phlox had a big purple hat with a feather and everything! [Smile]

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I could so see Phlox in a ankle length fur coat with feathered hat and saphire pinkie ring.....

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kazeite:
I did [Roll Eyes]

And, since Trip is his patient, what happened to his "will respect patient wishes" "cornerstone of Denobulan medical ethics"?

Yes, I know, it's very complicated, and you may perhaps argue that technically he "gave" him the insomnia "cure", but puhleese... my personal ratings for The Xindi dropped to half after that massage scene [Embarrassed]

Im sorry, if something like that drops the ratings for the rest of the episode, you have a great deal of sexual repression to deal with.

I thought it was hot and very sexy -- a well done scene. Sexuality in Trek isnt a bad thing unless your a repressed convention-going trek nerd.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Jolene Blalock is hotter than hell in a bucket, but it was a rather pointless excercise. We sure never saw Tuvok getting naked with Kes to help her deal with her problems [Smile]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Proteus:
Im sorry, if something like that drops the ratings for the rest of the episode, you have a great deal of sexual repression to deal with.

Or maybe I'm not used to pointless scenes like that in Star Trek... [Roll Eyes]

quote:
I thought it was hot and very sexy -- a well done scene.
Oh, sure, it was hot and sexy. It was also pointless, logicless (topless massaging to relieve stress over the death of loved ones?) and totally out of character, not to mention is shows Berman and Braga desperation.

I mean, what's next? Archer and Reed doing a Playboy photographic session on the bridge? It was pointless and silly when they were running with bare chests back in Desert Crossing. It's not Baywatch. It's Star Trek.

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
We sure never saw Tuvok getting naked

Something for which we are all eternally garteful.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When you snip it like that, you do Tuvok a disservice. We did see him in the buff at least once. Although not with Kes. With Janeway. *And* the entire bridge crew.

Dunno if it increased the ratings, but reputedly the cast at least had fun at the set. As many here know, Tim Russ chose a rather unusual codpiece for the not-quite-frontally-nude scene...

Timo Saloniemi

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think I got something different from you guys. When she stripped, it was to get his attention, since he was determined to walk out. Not being bothered by modesty, she had no real reason NOT to strip. The whole plot-point was to help him relax and sleep better. And, yes.. they wanted to show a little skin, for the ratings.

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

Kazeite
Member # 970

When she stripped they were already halfway through the "procedure", so she didn't need to attract his attention.
Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope.. but it was a beautiful thing..
If they wanna keep doing that cheesy stuff... Fine by me!! [Wink]

Gotta remember that in TSO - the women wore short short skirts, or low cut outfits, that IN THE DAY, we very risqu�! God Bless 'em !

--------------------
o::{====> Alshrim Dax <====}::o

~ Cry Havoc - and let slip the dogs of war!

Middy Seafort
Member # 951

- posted      Profile for Middy Seafort     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Timo:
When you snip it like that, you do Tuvok a disservice. We did see him in the buff at least once. Although not with Kes. With Janeway. *And* the entire bridge crew.

Dunno if it increased the ratings, but reputedly the cast at least had fun at the set. As many here know, Tim Russ chose a rather unusual codpiece for the not-quite-frontally-nude scene...

Timo Saloniemi

I think I remember that episode... "Tuvok does Antares," wasn't it?
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Alshrim:
Gotta remember that in TSO - the women wore short short skirts, or low cut outfits, that IN THE DAY, we very risqu�! God Bless 'em !

Some of them are fairly risque today. We've seen Uhura's knockers more than those of the entire rest of the female cast combined.

God bless Thesis.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And essays in general!
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.