Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Star Trek: Enterprise (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Star Trek: Enterprise
J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
Well, no. One of the story threads is about Londo. Another is about Sheridan. Another is about G'Kar. Another is about Garibaldi. And so forth.

Technically your right, each had their own... but when I think about the entire series and if I had to say it was about one character it's Londo. More time was spent on Centauri Prime than any other off station location. Londo was heavily involved with the start of the Shadow War, which itself created the Interstellar Alliance, but Londo was involved in that too. Almost everything affects Londo directly. Just give it a chance and watch it as if you were watching Londo's story, you'll see what I mean.

As for that Malcom/Marcus thing--- I blame Enterprise's destructive influence.

As for Corwin, I never paid much attention to him because I never really liked him.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's just sod's law, really - in Trek, when the role of Lt. Corwin started to grow in stature, they'd probably have just written him out for a few eps, then re-cast the role with a better actor. We always complain when they do that. But in B5, they stick with the guy, and well, he's not brilliant, is he?

And his staying in the crap green combat fatigues (and later the awful grey uniform shirt) even after becoming B5's XO really narked me, he should either have gotten a cool new Army of Light officer's uniform, or reverted to Earthforce uniform - as, really, all the B5 crew should have once Lockley took over running the station in s5.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Except the Earthforce uniforms were also pretty ugly.

In fact, season 5 was visually a mess. The main hero wore a suit (and not a sexy Bond-type suit, but a "I'm just popping down to the office" suit), the XO had one uniform, the Chief of Security and CMO had another uniform, and all the proles had another. Crazy messy madness.

I never got why Delenn just couldn't spring for a better "Non Important Character" uniform for the rest of the crew. Once Sheridan and Ivonova stopped wearing the Army Of Light uniform, the other two looked silly.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know what relativistic effects you've been on but this thread isn't even a month old!!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, they were ugly, but at least they were consistent. And don't get me started on either of the uniforms worn on Explorer-class ships (according to Crusade) or Victory-class save-the-world ships. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
I don't know what relativistic effects you've been on but this thread isn't even a month old!!

What?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

J
Member # 608

Andrew is talking about how incredibly off topic we are from this thread, and this forum... but you know what I say:

Whoopedy DO!!!!

Let it flow brother, we'll find someway for this to get back on topic sooner or later. Like B5S5 compared to the other seasons is even better than Enterprise compared to Voyager or Voyager compared to DS9, TNG, and TOS.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]

J
Member # 608

Humm... I just noticed that "Star Trek" in the opening title was underlined. Maybe it's for spite...

B&B: "This is Star Trek, You can't deny it! [Razz] "

[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _

[email protected]

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
" [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] "

You're Edgar Cayce when it comes to followups. I am rising from the sea, I am your Atlantis. My eyes are sore from their gyroscopic travels, little green roulette balls set in bloodshot spinning roulette tables.

Money's on black.

Always black.

" [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] "

Doctor, I ask, I am so vehement and my headaches are oh so frequent. He tells me to stop doing what I am doing to cause what is happening. But, I say, I have nothing else. He looks at me and tells me that if what I have is causing me such bile and spittle, then I have nothing at all.

My fists have forgotten their epileptic tirades, my mouth is no longer parched from mouthing off to a matte black screen, pimpled with little silver sequins.

There's no twelve step program, but there's help for everyone.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:

What?
I think I replied to the wrong thread! LOL!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Middy Seafort
Member # 951

- posted      Profile for Middy Seafort     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Middy Seafort:
That would've been interesting. One thing that I dislike about television is the lack of aftermath.

Because, as everyone knows, season 5 of Babylon 5 was the bestest ever.
It may not have been the best, but that might've been do to rushed execution. What was seen in Season 5 was not originally meant to go as long as it did, the entire plot of the telepath colony was extended in place of what would have been a longer conclusion to the Earth Alliance conflict.

Who knows how an the aftermath of the Dominion War might've been handled by the DS9 staff? I merely said it would be interesting to have seen. After all the series was about rebuilding-- the rebuilding of Bajor, the rebuilding of Sisko's life, etc.

What I mean by aftermath in television more has to do with the consquences of actions and the price paid. "Babylon 5" did that consistantly throughout it's five years, not just in "Wheel of Fire (season 5's title)." All conflicts, all actions have repercussions and that Enterprise doesn't deal with. At times, neither did TNG or Voyager.

As for "After: MASH" that was a blunder in television that should never have passed. It didn't really deal with what people truly go through after war, but rather tried to be a standard sit-com with the characters borrowed from MASH. It was a pale copy of a great comedy-drama.

I hope that Enterprise will eventually deal with the aftermath of the decisions made by Archer in the Expanse, but I won't hold my breath.

M.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Technically your right, each had their own... but when I think about the entire series and if I had to say it was about one character it's Londo. More time was spent on Centauri Prime than any other off station location. Londo was heavily involved with the start of the Shadow War, which itself created the Interstellar Alliance, but Londo was involved in that too. Almost everything affects Londo directly. Just give it a chance and watch it as if you were watching Londo's story, you'll see what I mean.
I think you'll find that much of this is because the entire Babylon 5 story is being told by Londo.
Just watch the very beginning of "The Gathering".

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Middy Seafort
Member # 951

- posted      Profile for Middy Seafort     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
I think you'll find that much of this is because the entire Babylon 5 story is being told by Londo.

Actually, Londo's narration was but one source for the entire future history of the Babylon Project. According to Peter David's novelization of "In the Beginning," there were many books published after the Shadow War that dealt with the events of B5, including Londo's chronicles (as also seen in the "Legions of Fire" trilogy) and Sheridan's own autobiography, "No Surrender, No Retreat."

The ending of the series also acknowledges that we were watching a sort-of holo docudrama about the history of the Babylon Project as produced by ISN and funded by the Anla'shok Memorial Society.

A scene cut from SiL would've also shown a series of books that provided much of the historical research for "Babylon 5." It was cut in favor of "you've been watching an ISN documentary."

However, JMS on more than one occasion has said that Londo's story of rise and redemption was at the very heart of the Babylon 5 story; that from one point of view, B5 was about Londo Mollari and G'Kar.

Of course, the arguement could be made that it was also about John Sheridan, or Delenn, or Garabaldi... etc.

Then there is the arguement that it was originally intended to be the story of Jeffery Sinclair exclusively. That's a whole 'nother forum debate in itself.

We now return you to the "Star Trek: Enterprise" debate.

M.

J
Member # 608

quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:

Yeah and "In The Beginning" was entirely narrated by Londo.

Londo, Londo, Londo... the character you couldn't stand in the beginning [pretty shark...], understood [which turned into hatred] in the middle, and pitied at the end [keeper].

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _

[email protected]

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps