Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Season Three: Only Twenty-Four Episodes? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Season Three: Only Twenty-Four Episodes?
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Various Trek news sources are reporting that this year's season will be trimmed by two episodes. Thoughts?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's been established that UPN is trimming ALL it's shows back to 24 episodes and it is more an indicator of the network's financial troubles than anything to do with Enterprise.

There is also a rumor of Enterprise being moved to Friday night, but Paramount is flatly denying that.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just hoping that the OTHER part of the rumor is true, about them giving serious thought to ending the series after the fourth season. Voyager basically got a blank check to run for seven seasons and pretty much fell apart in the last few years... I'd like to see them have the guts to end Enterprise before it finishes circling the drain, too.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fuck that: Enterprise is three times the series Voyager was at it's best.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"I'd like to see them have the guts to end Enterprise before it finishes circling the drain..."

Though to what extent that decision would be motivated by ENTs dramatic shortcomings rather than its financial inadequacy is open for debate.

[ December 11, 2003, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: Cartman ]

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder how long they intend to stretch out the Xindi arc, as well as trying to maintain the Temporal Cold War (God, I hate that term - you fuck with reality itself, and it's not considered an overt act of open war?) arc, within a seven-year framework. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Enterprise is three times the series Voyager was at it's best.

Ok, so if Voyager was hugging the toilet, puking your guts out like it was the worst hang-over of your life and feeling the full effects of dysentery--- while at the same time swelling from the mix of bee stings and poison ivy [both of which you're allergic too]...

and Enterprise is three times better... what is one-third of the above. Worst hang-over of the year, feeling the effects of eating extremely rich chocolate cake after showing off your piggish-self at the buffet--- while at the same time wishing you had avoided that cloud of mosquitoes.

Giving that one is bad, even if the other is three times better... that doesn't make it good. Voyager sucked, Enterprise doesn't do any better, and even if it did three times better than Voyager that doesn't help it either.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Colourfully-articulated personal opinion is personal opinion nonetheless.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by J:
Ok, so if Voyager was hugging the toilet, puking your guts out like it was the worst hang-over of your life and feeling the full effects of dysentery--- while at the same time swelling from the mix of bee stings and poison ivy [both of which you're allergic too]...

You never really got into Party of Five did you?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Enterprise has had at least as good a first two seasons as TNG (far better in my opinion) and has had moments aproaching (sometimes equal to) Deep Space Nine.

I know it's supposedly fun to bash Enterprise, but I at least look forward to the new episodes whereas I missed many Voyager episodes between second and fourth season that I have never had the urge to go back and watch.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

ubermetroid
Member # 729

- posted      Profile for ubermetroid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey I like Enterprise. It is the only show (besides the simpsions) that my family gets together to watch.

--------------------
"That's the problem with nature. Something is always stinging you or oozing mucous on you. lets go watch tv." - Calvin & Hobbes

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And here again - the debate is reiterated! Having watched Star Trek since the original, and following each and ever star trek series that followed ... Voyager, in my opinion, is the worst of them all.

Enterprise is good - TNG was awesome after season 3 - and DS9 was fab after season 2 ! Voyager never really seemed to get out of Season 1 jitters! There were some inspired episodes.. but i never liked any of the relationships in Voyager... Janeway always fought with 7of9 - 7of9 rebelled, Chakotay took Janeway's side, but falls in love with 7of9 in the last few episodes.. Paris is a playboy that falls in love with a klingon woman.. Harry never gets laid... Tuvok is a woosy.. neelix was useless..

Nothing seemed to fit in allof that.. anyways.. i digress... we have had this discussion before.. and we all have our opinions *(tho' mine was nowhere near as colorful as the one expressed above)*

One of the major reasons people don't like Ent. is cuz of it's continuity issues - which i ignore alot of the time - i watch it for the sheer entertainment value of the show - and have learn to just accept what i see and enjoy it. Granted there have been some 'not-so-good' episodes.. but on the whole.. it's exceeded my expectations.

That being said!!! - cuz now we're off topic in a way...

I hope Ent. fullfills 7 seasons - and it sucks that we're gonna be short two eps...

They should make a 3 hour episode and use that in the off-season to quench our thirst!! - span the 3 hour ep of a three-day mini-series type special..

Tho' I doubt the networks would go for it.

--------------------
o::{====> Alshrim Dax <====}::o

~ Cry Havoc - and let slip the dogs of war!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I can live without the two episodes if those episodes were to involve the crew devolving into lizzards, Neandertals, Transwarp salamanders or the ship becoming some library's recollection of an aincent city.

So mabye it's not such a bad thing after all.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm. When I first heard this rumor, I thought that perhaps ENT was cutting the two eps so that they'd have more money to put into making the remaining episodes of the season better-than-average. If what Jason is saying is true, then that's sadly not the case. Oh, well.

And for my VOY opinion, the show had great potential, and its first two seasons, even with goofiness like the Kazon-Ogla, were pretty good. After that, however, it went downhill.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chakotay took Janeway's side, but falls in love with 7of9 in the last few episodes

That implies plural. It came out of nowhere in the last ep, IIRC.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps