Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » You have got to be fucking kidding me - $$$ (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: You have got to be fucking kidding me - $$$
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The link below contains spoilers for the upcoming episode "Doctor's Orders."

http://www.trektoday.com/news/151203_03.shtml

I'm not imagining this, am I? This doesn't read just like the Voyager episode "One" does it? Earlier details on this ep here:

http://www.trektoday.com/news/121203_05.shtml

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What're you talking about? Porthos is still awake in this one! Isn't it obvious that it's going to be a completely different story?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Of course, silly me. . . 8)

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wait, "One" wasn't the episode with everyone in stasis. "One" was the one with the 29th C Borg.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, "Drone" was the one with the 29th Century Borg. "One" was the one with everyone in stasis.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Lee
Member # 393

The 29th Century Borg was called One. I did check before I started this thread, you know.

--------------------

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So they had an episode called "Drone" about One, and an episode called "One" about a former Drone?

Dang, even Voyager's episode titles were bad. How many were just one word, anyway? These people need some lessons from Farscape and B5...

--------------------

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, they could have called "Drone" A Tragedy Of Borg and "One" The Very Long Night Of Everyone But Seven, but somehow I doubt it would've improved the episodes much. B)

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did B5 ever make an episode called "Chasing Shadows"?
Or is it some other show?

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Off the top of my head, no. I recall The Geometry of Shadows, The Coming of Shadows, and Shadow Dancing, but no episode with "Chasing" in its title...

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty sure there was just a big hat with "Shadows", "Movements", "Light" and "Darkness" written on pieces of paper inside it, and JMS just picked them at random.

Seriously, B5 had good titles? That's worse more mistaken than any political statement you've ever had.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andromeda's last cool thing was its long, complex, and very cool episode titles. Shame that they have little to do with the actual episodes anymore.

I think it's a B&B thing that they want to have one-word titles. Personally, I hate it. Whatever happened to titles like "For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky"? Or "The Changing Face of Evil"? Hell, even two-word titles like "Dark Page" or "Yesterday's Enterprise" were cooler than what we've got now...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oops, my bad. [Frown]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
Whatever happened to titles like "For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky"?

Everyone passed out from lack of oxygen before they'd finished saying it?

And of course, one word titles is just the latest in a long line of henious crimes that Berman and Braga, and ONLY THEM, have done to Trek. They are evil.

But, (and god knows why I'm doing this), let's actually have a look at the evidence:

Enterprise season 1: 18 titles that are two or more words, with two of those being of the "The something" variety.

Enterprise season 2: 14 titles that are two or more words, with 6 of those being of the "The Something" variety.

So, out of 26 episodes, less than half of both those seasons had one word titles.

Now, let's compare that to two random seasons of TNG:

Season 1: 20 titles that are two or more words, with 6 of those being "The something".

Season 6: 15 titles that are two or more words, with 2 of those being "The something".

So, what have we learned? One, that Trek series seem to use more one word titles as the seasons go on, and 2, Braga had already started his evil one word title policy by season 6 of TNG. He must be stopped.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Omega
Member # 91

Andromeda! I knew I was forgetting one. As for B5, Straczynski deserves more credit. "Sleeping in Light", "The Deconstruction of Falling Stars", "And The Rock Cried Out, 'No Hiding Place'", "A Late Delivery From Avalon"... of course, B5 did have a few one-word titles. "Grail" and "Infection" come to mind. OW! MY MIND!!!!

What was "The Changing Face of Evil" from?

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps