Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Pleased to make your acquaintance... (Page 7)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Pleased to make your acquaintance...
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice work, Wes. It's really cool that you chose that angle. From this perspective, you can really see the way the nacelles are different from the Akira. Plus, you get this cool angle for the sensor dish at the fore of the saucer. Overall, your render looks really reminiscent of the original Constitution class. Well, minus the secondary hull, of course.

[ July 09, 2001: Message edited by: Siegfried ]

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Regarding an earlier comment... I would assume Wes wrote "proteus" on the image so no-one can take it and claim it as their own. That's not really uncommon.
The one and only TOS man
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Is it me or any of you has noticed that the Akiraprise nacelles are out of proportion, even the akira has them bigger. In TOS the Enterprise had bid nacceles beacuse the technology couldn't make them, smaller, them comes this new ship making the tos enterpise look out of shape and antiquated and has nacelles smaller than the ones of the "voyeur"
IP: Logged
Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

- posted      Profile for Obese Penguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sigh.

Its Not the 60's , its 2001.

Did they ever say the Nacceles of the E-Nil were large because the technology required them to be?

No.

They were probley long because it looks nice , kind of like the cars of the era , long , huge , American.

The Design is advanced , because we are no longer in the 60s , we cant model this series to look older then TOS , because it wouldnt make sence.

Get Over It.

[ July 10, 2001: Message edited by: Dr. Obvious ]

[ July 10, 2001: Message edited by: Dr. Obvious ]

--------------------
My Mother never found the irony in calling me a son of a bitch

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Besides, nacelle size has never seemed to have anything to do with tecnology.

The Ent-A and Ent-D engines were the same size. But the Excelsior's are a bit bigger, and the Sovereign's are MUCH bigger. Voyager's are tiny.

There's no correlation.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Wes
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nacelle size may have something to do with hull geometry. but that would explain the Nebula's.

Anyway... I have another view of the mesh.. this time the back.

And the original:

The question is... what should the bottom look like? I know there are already more models being made with diffrent bottoms.. but what do you think is the most realistic?

Wes
Member # 212

Eeek! The impulse engines aren't quite right. I will fix later.

[ July 11, 2001: Message edited by: Wes1701E ]

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps