Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » The end or a new being? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The end or a new being?
Pwesty
Member # 1035

- posted      Profile for Pwesty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Guys and Gals
With all of the rumors of Enterprise being decommission here soon does anybody thinks or know if another network may pick up Enterprise or is it done for good?
Thanks ;-)

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pwesty ... rumors of a Trek being cancelled have persisted for all seven years of Voyager, every current season of Enterprise, and there was quite a bit of talk that DS9 was going to be canned after its 6th. I wouldn't pay them too much mind.

That out of the way, do you really think Paramount is going to allow another network to potentially profit from the Star Trek franchise? Yes or no, eh?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There hasn't been a cancellation of a Star Trek series since 1974 and I highly doubt they will break that precedent with Enterprise, especially seeing as how it's turning out to be a better series than Voyager.

BTW, where exactly do these "rumors" originate? I haven't heard anything about any prospective cancellation apart from those TrekBBS topics with titles like "ENT Needs To Be Cancelled!"

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think like the rumours that abounded with Voyager - if UPN folded or it was cancelled - Paramount would produce it in syndication like TNG and DS9.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let's not forget that Smackdown consistently gets better ratings than Enterprise. I think the only show with lower ratings on UPN is The Parkers.

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd add something here, but the effort of trying to be heard over all the fanboys with their hands over their ears screaming "ENTERPRISE WON'T BE CANCELLED IT WON'T IT WON'T IT WON'T IT WON'T IT WON'T WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!" is more than I can be bothered with. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wasn't expecting much out of this topic judging on the quality spelling in the title...

...oh and the poster.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's a new being, personally.

Paramount and UPN are the same thing. So even if UPN went away, Enterprise could still be made. Enterprise is also one of the only shows UPN has got. So, I doubt it's going anywhere.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It could've been a good 2001: A Space Odysey thread title though.

...not that I'm anyone to point out spelling errors. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
UPN the network probably won't fold, it's got enough market to survive if they play their cards right. In ten years they may be like FOX is today, once FOX replaces one of the big three [who knows which one that will be... perhaps NBC or ABC].

UPN might decide to drop ENT from it's lineup--- they'd move it first of course, then kill it completely. But Paramount wouldn't let it end there, the show would either go to another network [maybe Spike would take it, cable run Trek would be a new thing, although we've seen everything they can show on cable!] or would get shuffled to syndication [isn't it already in syndication or does every UPN affiliate replay ENT on sunday? And don't some non-UPN stations carry it where there is no UPN station?].

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Making ENT on a syndication budget? I shudder.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Take all the good things about voyager, and all the good things about Deep Space Nine's middle-years, and you get Ent. I doubt they will cancel it, they are just starting to get the ball rolling.

quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
I'd add something here, but the effort of trying to be heard over all the fanboys with their hands over their ears screaming "ENTERPRISE WON'T BE CANCELLED IT WON'T IT WON'T IT WON'T IT WON'T IT WON'T WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!" is more than I can be bothered with. . .

Your like, 12 right?
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by J:
[isn't it already in syndication or does every UPN affiliate replay ENT on Sunday? And don't some non-UPN stations carry it where there is no UPN station?].

Well since you asked, where I live now in Michigan and there is a local UPN station, Enterprise is on the [I think] standard Wed @ 8pm (or Saturday @ 7pm, if preempted) and then again on Sunday @ 7p (or 8p?).

Where I originally come from, 100 miles north of here and well out of UPN�s mighty 20-mile range [Big Grin] , the local FOX affiliate runs some UPN shows from 11pm to 2am - in which case they run Enterprise Friday night at 11pm and then again Saturday at 7pm.

That schedule goes back to the beginning of Voyager which I think the local FOX carried itself as its own show and up until a few months ago carried in syndication.

Since I moved to college a few years ago, and before the local UPN station was established here, The PAX Channel carried Voyager (rather than FOX). PAX was also the WB for part of the day as well.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, on the subject, there's this from UPN...

http://www.tri-cityherald.com/24hour/entertainment/story/1146347p-7986983c.html

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting. Amish!

Also: "Your like, 12 right?"

It's you're, you godawful little cooze.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps