Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Fourth Season rumor (Page 5)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Fourth Season rumor
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hollywood films have never been overly concerned with adhering to established facts (if you can call the story of the siege of Troy a 'fact'), but this summer's films are particularly wide of the mark. The siege of Troy lasted ten years? Bo-ring! About a month should do it. Ice ages don't start overnight? Well, the punters have never seen an ice age start so they won't know the difference!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like movies that make people mad about things that the people who made the movies cared < 0 about.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So you like almost all Hollywoood movies then?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ice ages don't start overnight?

I'm still recovering from how bad that movie was.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But.....it was made by the guys that brought us Independence Day!
It had to have been at least as scientifically plausable as, say, The Core.

That was only slightly less plausable than Flash Gordon.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, and The Core was only slightly less painful than jabbing urine-dipped needles into my eyes.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another thing about Troy... I can't believe they killed Menelaus!
MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Originally posted by Lee:
quote:
The siege of Troy lasted ten years? Bo-ring! About a month should do it.
Originally posted by Topher:
quote:
WTF?!?

Why make a movie about the Trojan war if you're not going to make a movie about the Trojan war??? Didn't they learn anything from First Knight?

I was gonna scrape up the $8 to see this, but now I think I'll just go to the library and check out Firebrand instead. It's been a few years since the last time I read it.

Marian

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Magnus:
I like movies that make people mad about things that the people who made the movies cared < 0 about.

Obiously a certain amount of dramatic license can be used. I live with medical students, and one of them has an annoying habit of pointing out everytime a TV show or movie gets some medical practise wrong.

But there is a limit before people will be saying "that's just stupid". And an ice-age starting overnight is pretty stupid.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"I'm still recovering from how bad that movie was."

So am I, and I've only seen promos for it.

Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you (general) get upset at anything other than the movie's ability to entertain you (general), you (general) should go outside, and find some young lady who is willing to flash you (general).
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by MarianLH:
Originally posted by Lee:
quote:
The siege of Troy lasted ten years? Bo-ring! About a month should do it.
Originally posted by Topher:
quote:
WTF?!?

Why make a movie about the Trojan war if you're not going to make a movie about the Trojan war??? Didn't they learn anything from First Knight?

I was gonna scrape up the $8 to see this, but now I think I'll just go to the library and check out Firebrand instead. It's been a few years since the last time I read it.

Marian

For you, Marian: a great 15 review of Troy.
http://www.livejournal.com/users/cleolinda/99710.html

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Member # 239

That would be totally awesome if it were at all funny in any way whatsoever.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I liked it.

So there.

Plus, I get a penny from Satan for every minute of your life I make you waste online. [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OMFG that was the funniest thing I've read in weeks! Jason, you're preemtively forgiven for your next three misspellings.

"Cousins. They were totally cousins." Hee!

Marian

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps