Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » E2 (Poss. $poilers) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: E2 (Poss. $poilers)
mada101
Member # 1285

- posted      Profile for mada101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone have any information on the upcoming ENT episode E2 (or E Squared)? There does not seem to be a lot of info around (obv. due to the fact that it hasn't aired yet), but I am wondering what the mysterious Starfleet ship is that Enterprise is supposed to encounter?

Someone on these forums said that it was supposed to be an Enterprise from three generations ahead. That could either be three Enterprise generations ahead (making it the Enterprise-B), or three series generations ahead (making it TNG-Era).

However, I think it is most likely that it is just three age generations ahead, making the "bizarre encounter with another Starfleet ship" just an encounter with a future NX-01. This is supported by the fact that 'Karyn Archer' is listed in the guest cast.

--------------------
'Whether you think you can, or whether you think you can't, you are probably right.'
- Henry Ford

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How does Karyn Archer compute to a future NX-01?

If we say that a 22nd century generation is ~30 years, it might be a very early USS Enterprise NCC-1701 under the command of April (in 2244).

Three 'Enterprise' generations does make it the Enterprise-B, and three series would make it the D or E.

But I actually doubt it will be any of those. I don't know where that "three generations" number comes from, but it's more likely they'll use the Enterprise-J, since this ship has already been introduced by ENT.

And considering TPTB generally feel that viewers are quickly confused by having similar ships in one episode, I'll doubt they'll use one of the 'old' Enterprises.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Enterprise-J sets are built and it was shown already in Azati Prime, yet it would be nice to see the Enterprise-E sets and CGI ship model say hi on the small screen.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check out the spoilers at Trektoday.com. It's not, though I'd wished it were.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

mada101
Member # 1285

- posted      Profile for mada101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"While on the way to speak before the Xindi Council, Archer and the crew encounter a future Enterprise ship piloted by their direct descendants who warn them that the wormhole shortcut they intend to take to the planned meeting will throw them 100 years into the past"

'direct decendents' suggests that Karyn Archer is in fact Archer's daughter, hence the Starfleet vessel unfortunatly being the future NX-01.

Personally, I would have liked to have seen more of the Enterprise-B...

--------------------
'Whether you think you can, or whether you think you can't, you are probably right.'
- Henry Ford

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a "Children of Time" DS9 Plot. Ent gets thrown back in time. Their descendants eventually take over for the crew. The ship finally catches up with the "present" and they have to decide whether to change history, and thereby erasing all their descendants from the timeline.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"'direct decendents' suggests that Karyn Archer is in fact Archer's daughter..."

Probably not daughter, after 100 years. Great-granddaughter, maybe.

One wonders if they'll have an elderly T'Pol, à la Odo in "Children of Time".

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed. So really no future Enterprise at all then..

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sadly, no original plot either. Not saying it won't be a good episode. But let's take odds on whether or not they'll choose to change history.

Ooh! And what about whether or not Mayweather dies in the trip through the wormhole! That's pretty much a sure thing.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

mada101
Member # 1285

quote:
One wonders if they'll have an elderly T'Pol, à la Odo in "Children of Time".
I did read somewhere that Blalock had to wear make-up to play a 200 year old T'Pol...

--------------------
- Henry Ford

mada101
Member # 1285

Ah yes, I read it here:

http://www.trekweb.com/articles/2004/03/03/404618ad5a55f.shtml

--------------------
- Henry Ford

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My money is on it being the NX, perhaps a bit altered.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe even refitted with a megaphase cannon and a third nacelle. B)
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wouldn't the equivalent for ENT be to be equipped with one TOS-phaser and one TOS-phototorp launcher, ie next step in development? (OMG FAR OUT LOL!)
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't forget the cloaking device....

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps