Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » E2 (Poss. $poilers) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: E2 (Poss. $poilers)
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Children of Time was the one where the Defiant passed through this energy field while inspecting a planet and found their descendants living there. Turns out that when they tried to leave, they were thrown back in time and crashed on the planet. Their descendants grew up and were waiting there when the Defiant entered orbit. Adventure ensued.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really like that one (even if the setup was a bit contrived for DS9)....Odo basically dooms all the descendants just to save Kira.

Talk about love!
Odo killed ALL THOSE PEOPLE just to save her!

Romantic in a twisted, mass murder kinda way. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, AlternateOdo did. Who hadn't gotten any in 200 years, so can you blame him? B)

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Odo killed ALL THOSE PEOPLE just to save her!"

Well, he didn't really kill them, did he? I mean, he just caused them not to have existed in the first place. Including himself (or, that portion of his life). So, how can you have a murder when neither the murderer nor the victims exist?

[ April 19, 2004, 01:50 AM: Message edited by: TSN ]

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom Cruise should have stopped him BEFORE he committed the crime.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
So, how can you have a murder when neither the murderer nor the victims exist?

So if I travel back in time 20-odd years to when you are about to be created and start playing ELO music outside your parents bedroom with the intention of putting them off sex (and, indeed, almost anything), then that won't be murder?

Cool.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
So, how can you have a murder when neither the murderer nor the victims exist?

So if I travel back in time 20-odd years to when you are about to be created and start playing ELO music outside your parents bedroom with the intention of putting them off sex (and, indeed, almost anything), then that won't be murder?

Cool.

What makes you think it was a bedroom? [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Statistics.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wait, so TSN wouldn't exist true (ie. the victim)...but what about the murderer, or are you saying in some weird way that if Tim didn't exist, you wouldn't exist either?
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I heard a rumor once that Liam was birthed by Tim.

Right out of his uterus.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And, I'll tell you, it was a hell of an accomplishment. What with it happening before I was born, and all.
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Cool."

You do realize you have just related yourself to Tim, don't you?

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Magnus:
I heard a rumor once that Liam was birthed by Tim.

Right out of his uterus.

Tim and Liam are actually each other's long lost fathers.

You both know your required ESB line....SAY IT!!!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Manticore
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Manticore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That sounds like a Heinlein story I read once, where a guy was his own father, mother, and kidnapper...it was most odd. To say the least.

--------------------
Fell deeds await. Now for Wrath... Now for Ruin... and a Red Dawn...
-Theoden, TTT

Lord Vorkosigan does not always get what he wants!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
His own father *and* mother? Hmmm... time travel isn't his only trick then.

Hermaphroditic time travelers. It'll be all the rage in 2089.

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps