Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » E2 (Poss. $poilers) (Page 6)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: E2 (Poss. $poilers)
Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that the Other NX-01 should have at least given up their 100 year old injectors, its not like they would have needed them.

Anyway, interesting episode.

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another great Season 3 ep. Fuck this is good stuff.
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I read at Trek BBS that this episode revealed that NX-02 is USS Columbia. Is this true? If you remember, in August we had a name prediction thread.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

ubermetroid
Member # 729

- posted      Profile for ubermetroid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, the Columbia

--------------------
"That's the problem with nature. Something is always stinging you or oozing mucous on you. lets go watch tv." - Calvin & Hobbes

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It would be interesting if the NXs were all named for Space Shuttles.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There would'nt be very many constructed in the line then, would there?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

Well, the first ones anyway. As it is though by the time the Enterprise is finished in the Expanse they might need a new spaceframe for all the little tech bits (like the Warp 6.whatever that the hull and injectors can't handle)
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, I liked this episode a lot, but it hinged on a revelation that really deserved a little seeding in previous episodes. I didn't think much of Archer's "aha" moment, connecting the Xindi's curiosity about the number of human ships in the Expanse to there being another Enterprise flying around. I mean, it's such an obvious, relevant question for someone to ask, no time-travel hijinx necessary. They already know Enterprise has at least one other ally in the area, in the Andorians.

Moreover, it seems to me that, with this ship roaming around the Expanse for a hundred years, the Xindi have good reason to think humans are out to get them.

Having said that, I agree with most everybody else's praise of this episode. I especially liked the rushed and ambiguous nature of the ending.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
There would'nt be very many constructed in the line then, would there?

As mentioned earlier - we could at least have:

NX-01 Enterprise
NX-02 Columbia
NX-03 Challenger
NX-04 Endeavour
NX-05 Discovery
NX-06 Atlantis
NX-07 Buran

Not sure of the order for 4-6. And there was another Russian Shuttle partly built wasn't there?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ptichka. Possible NX-08?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The order in which the shuttles were built is Enterprise (OV-101), Columbia (OV-102), Challenger (OV-099, technically a converted test vehicle), Discovery (OV-103), Atlantis (OV-104), and Endeavour (OV-105).

And NX-03 should be christened Buran, just because it's Russian. B)

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Buh?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cartman:

Challenger, as you said, was originally a test article (STA-099) and thus was technically the first built. Columbia was the third built (after fully-fledged prototype Enterprise OV-101) but the first to fly in space.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
MIM: Challenger was NOT the first built, regardless of its number. See here. Click on some of the links for more.

Enterprise rollout, Sept. 17, 1976
(STA-099 rollout, Feb. 14, 1978)
Columbia rollout, March 8, 1979
Challenger rollout, June 30, 1982
Discovery rollout, Oct. 16, 1983
Atlantis rollout, April 6, 1985
Endeavour rollout, April 25, 1991

B.J.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I stand corrected.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps