Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » E2 (Poss. $poilers) (Page 8)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: E2 (Poss. $poilers)
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just off the top of my head, he could have barged into a genetic enhancement lab and demanded that they fix him up. He could have been a member of a rich family that sympathised with the Klingons/Cardassians (and perhaps dobbed in dissenters), and so received special treatment.

Certainly, there's enough possibilities that we can't blindly say "he was never genetically enhanced".

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That would be like holding a hospital hostage and expecting them to do a bone marrow transplant on your kid.
It'd never work.
The treatments are described as "taking weeks".

Gene re-sequencing might be somehow availavle in that universe, it's just exceedingly unlikely that a "Terran slave" would have had acess to it.

On the other hand, they refered to him as Julian, not Jules so I guess it's possible (somehow).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if people who are nice in the regular universe can be evil in the Mirror Universe, why can't people who are slow in the regular universe be normal in the Mirror Universe?

"That would be like holding a hospital hostage and expecting them to do a bone marrow transplant on your kid."

Wasn't that a Denzel Washington movie, or something?

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
That would be like holding a hospital hostage and expecting them to do a bone marrow transplant on your kid.
It'd never work.
The treatments are described as "taking weeks".

His parents might have forced the doctors to do it, somehow.

Or his entire family could be rebels, and they got it done on the Vulcan black-market.

Come on, if Jadzia can get her symbiote, then I'm sure Julian can get his gene resequencing.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was she ever called Dax in the Mirror Universe? If not, there's no suggestion she got the slug in her. Ezri, I don't think was ever called Dax so I don't think she ever had it either.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
did the Prophets manipulate the union of Joseph and Sarah Sisko in order to ensure that the Emissary, Ben Sisko would be born?

anywho, the reason the mirror universe is more complicated than an ordinary alternate timeline is because to use the original dramatic intention, there is a scientific property of that universe, its resonant frequency in relation to ours, that has caused it to become 'linked' to ours. dramatically, this means that the two universes will offer the same storylines as juxtapositions of each other. scientifically it is a property of probability.. in all the probabilities of the untold multitudes of alternate creations that have been caused by probability-splitting, this is the one universe that has a relationship of probability with our own..

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that Jadzia was Dax, but Ezri wasn't
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Jadzia was definitely called Dax. I can't remember about Ezri, though.

Of course, this is the same universe where Vic was human. Anything is possible.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anything?
Even the dax symbiote bursting out and singing "Hello my baby! Hello my honey, hello my ragtime gaaaalll....!"

'Cause I love that scene and I think it'd work in the mirror universe.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I think fandom has the Mirror Universe sprouting off because Khan won the Eugenics Wars... So maybe genetically enhanced humans aren't that rare.
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ezri, I don't think was ever called Dax so I don't think she ever had it either.

I have a vague recollection of her objecting to being called Dax. But mirror Ezri was only in one incredibly bad episode, anyway, so I may be misremembering.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ezri wasn't a Dax. (ref. "The Emperor's New Cloak" [DS9])

And no, it was never called "the Mirror Universe" in dialogue. Not sure where the Okudas got that. After they popularized that term, it was used in one script for DS9, but not in the dialogue.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't reckon that Bashir has had his genetic enhancement... he's just matured naturally albeit probably delayed... something that his parents feared wasn't going to happen. Again it's a nice tie in to the 5th season idea fitting in nicely with Bashir things from earlier seasons.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did we ever see a Mirror Universe Morn?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Not sure where the Okudas got that."

Probably because the TOS episode that introduced it was called "Mirror, Mirror".

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps