Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » E2 (Poss. $poilers) (Page 9)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: E2 (Poss. $poilers)
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, but it was never referred to as "the Mirror Universe" (or even "a mirror universe") in said episode. Unless I missed it.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the scripts it was referred to as "the Mirror universe".

In "Crossover" it was moreless defined as 'the other side' (ala "your side" or "our side").

In "Through the Looking Glass": Sisko referred to it as "the same parallel universe that two of my crewmembers visited a year ago".

In "Shattered Mirror": Sisko again referred to it as "the parallel universe". O'Brien referred to it "the alternate universe".

In "Resurrection": MirrorBariel twice refers to it as "the alternate universe". Also, the device used to scramble the transporter to go between universes is called a "multidimensional transporter device".

In "The Emperors New Cloak": Zek says "I'm in the Alternate Universe!"

So from that we can say, yes, "the Mirror universe" was not spoken on screen but it was referred to as such in the scripts - and "alternate" and "parallel" universe can be used interchangably....

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Paladin181
Member # 833

- posted      Profile for Paladin181     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is never refered to as the Mirror Universe in dialoge, but because it is such a close mirror of the Star Trek universe, albeit twisted, the term Mirror Universe just makes sence. Like you would call a universe full of dinosaurs, the Dinosaur Universe. So along those lines, it really should be called the Broken Mirror Universe or something like that.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know it was mentioned before - when the episode aired - but what about the big muck up of basing an entire story around the Mirror Universe not having cloaking technology - when in "Shattered Mirror"? The Klingons and Cardassians - i'm guessing the Bajorans too (members of the Alliance) have cloaking technology.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They didn't have any cloaks in "Shattered Mirror". At the beginning of "Through the Looking Glass", Klingon and Cardassian ships decloak, but they aren't said to "decloak" during dialogue. And TPTB said that it was a visual mistake.

As far as Trek mistakes go, it's really not that big. One (quick) SFX shot in an episode that aired 4 years previous.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The whole bit about the cloak could be that the one that they stole was far more advanced than what the Alliance had.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
True.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Like you would call a universe full of dinosaurs, the Dinosaur Universe.
Or you could have a universe with no shrimp.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, but would it still have Jambalya?
Or a Crab Nebula?

You could call it....The Jumboverse.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps