Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Zero Hour (spoilers) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Zero Hour (spoilers)
deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wtf? I was enjoying the episode until the end with the fighter planes, what appeared to be WW2, the Alien Nazi, etc. I assume some "magical energy" from the Xindi weapon's explosion sent Archer and some aliens back in time, but I still don't get it. Alien Nazi? Huh? Was that alien even a Xindi? I couldn't really tell.

It makes a little sense after reading this. "Hey! I wrapped up the Xindi storyline! Wrap THIS up!" The ending was a big "fuck you" to next season's writers. Yeah, that's it. Yay for time travel episodes. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a bit confused by this post, because many of the details posted here in error were more accurately described in the 'Tech' thread for this topic.

For starters they were WW-2 planes.
The 'alien' Nazi was a Reman, or very Remanescent and clearly not a Xindi -- all of which was mentioned in the other thread.

Anyway, my guess would be that the Nazis somehow are aligned with the Remans/Romulans (duh!). There is no indication of what year it was, or that the Nazis rule the world yet but based on the aircraft it would clearly be the 1940s.

And the Xindi, possibly Shran/Andorians and the Enterprise were all thrown back into that era from the weapons detonation likely combined with the Spherebuilders interference.

There really seems to be no other clues for speculation until the premiere in ~4 months.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I noticed some people elsewhere who thought it might be a Reman, too. Others thought it could be the guy who was ordering the Suliban around. I'm going to watch the last few minutes again later and get a better look at him.

--------------------

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try this:

-

(I take no credit for this, but am posting it for educational/observational purposes only)

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by deadcujo:
Others thought it could be the guy who was ordering the Suliban around.

I doubt it. It's been established that Future Guy cannot travel through time. He can only project his image back in time and give info to his Suliban goons.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

Thanks! I can see how people think he might be a Reman other than the ears now.

--------------------

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What the hell is going on?

Star Trek: Lost in Time

And they killed that young cute MACO guy.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Space Nazis are maybe not the most original plot in the toolkit (Ekos, Hirogen in stylish SS gear, any movie with space dudes in black trenchcoats), but I still think it could be cool, depending on what's done with it. I am not crazy blown away, though. And as neat as having the (well, some) Andorians save the day, a Vulcan ship or two tossed in as well would have been even neater. (They have to start making them sympathetic sometime, you'd think.)
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"I am not crazy blown away, though."

Well, by what? Nothing's happened yet. I mean, that's like watching TWoK, and saying "yeah, I'm not all that impressed with the whole 'Spock comes back to life' thing".

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
"I am not crazy blown away, though."

Well, by what? Nothing's happened yet. I mean, that's like watching TWoK, and saying "yeah, I'm not all that impressed with the whole 'Spock comes back to life' thing".

Well, knowing Spok is not really dead really does take the bite from the end of TWOK.
Particularly when McCoy says "Y'know, he's note really dead...."
I always envision the MST3K gang shouting "We know!".

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What I mean is, here is this set up for at least some part of season four, and it's like: "Coming up next season...this thing that is not really all that original and is, in fact, kind of tired, because, you know, Nazis? But it ties in well with all this Greatest Generation product, and maybe we can get a shot of Archer in an infantry uniform and do a Band of Brother cross-promotion."

The difference between "Wow, I can't wait to see what they do with that!" and "Huh. Well, I sure hope they can do something with that."

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yeah....I see your point but recall how terribly lame the Xindi storyline sounded back when we first heard about it.
And I think it had some of Trek's best performances in that season, so who can say for certain?

We could all be raving about how cool them Nazi Vampires are by this time next year.

Hmmm....I never thought I have to say that again.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

I never said or meant to suggest that we wouldn't be.
J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you think some of Trek's best performances were in this last season you haven't been watching enough Trek or watching it for very long.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or has a different opinion?
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps