Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Zero Hour (spoilers) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Zero Hour (spoilers)
machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post 
Haven't you heard the expression before? Characters who are believable, who evolve during the series, and give you the impression they are of flesh and bone, not just flat images on a TV screen who lack any development and for whom you don't really care?
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, that's the diference between one-dimensional and multi-dimensional characters. I was just wondering why they should have three dimensions, specifically.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not to get dragged into a Nixpicking argument, but doesn't "3-dimensional" mean, in this context, that the characters are "life-like"? Because people in real life have 3 dimensions, and so on...

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

japol
Member # 1149

- posted      Profile for japol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1 dimension: height
2 dimension: width
3 dimension: depth...

It is kind of a play on words... "3-dimensional" characters have DEPTH. Strange but true.

--------------------
I slit the sheet, the sheet I slit, and on the slitted sheet I sit.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the aliens fron "The Loss" for example, lacked the depth of performance we sought in their acting roles, thus they were two-dimensional.

oh wai

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I just don't think I've ever heard a multi-dimensional character's number of dimensions specified before. I was under the impression that a one-dimensional character was one that only had a single element to his/her/its character. For example, your typical bad guy whose one dimension is "he's evil". A more fleshed-out character would have more dimensions, but not an exact number.

I never thought it was used in terms of "flat" and "not flat" characters, since that would make the flat characters "two-dimensional", and I've never heard that used.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think you're eight-dimensional.

ON ACCOUNT OF YOUR FAT.

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Were you really nine years old when you joined Flare?

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

Manticore
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Manticore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've heard of two-dimensional characters, I think they're ones that aren't exactly one-dimensional but are still fairly simple.

--------------------
Fell deeds await. Now for Wrath... Now for Ruin... and a Red Dawn...
-Theoden, TTT

Lord Vorkosigan does not always get what he wants!

Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I spent five years trying to remember my password.
Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought all the characters on Enterprise were pretty one dimensional to start with.
Member # 239

A year and a half and that's all you've got?
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was all that effort finding the password.
Member # 239

Mine was just my name backwards, it turned out.

Five years I spent. Every day, one more try.

Member # 480

BTW ENTERPRISE is lame.

How's that?

P.S. I like that sexy bitch with the pointy ears, though. but her haircut deserves some clowning.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps