Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Warren Ellis on Zero Hour ($) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Warren Ellis on Zero Hour ($)
Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Jason. Ellis is just trying to make himself important by attacking TV shows in a base almost vulger way.

I admit that Enterprise isn't what can be called great TV but then very few shows can claim that. It is made for entertainment, if it doesn't entertain you don't watch it. It is as simple as that. What makes a person believe that just because they don't like something that doesn't affect them that they can try to change it. I disliked both Friends and Seinfield, so you know what I did, I didn't watch them. I know that many people did enjoy them, good for them.

It is all a matter of personal taste.

--------------------
The Poster formally known as Tec.

Obi Juan
Who's your master?
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for Obi Juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So we're not allowed to share our opionion of a TV show if it is negative? Hell, there would've never been a Voyager thread here if that rule was enforced.
Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ellis makes himself important by attacking everything that doesn't call him up on the phone and send him paychecks. He's a hired geek who has cyber sex with goth chicks because they don't look like his live-in girlfriend.

Anybody with an internet connection could be the next Dark Lord of the Graphic Novel.

Though I agree with him about Enterprise being shit.

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Attacking the person making the argument doesn't make the argument invalid. It just implies you can't win the argument on the merits of the points made alone.

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, mother. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now, go wash behind your ears. And eat your beets!

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Warren Ellis has a show pilot on WB. I think he knows a little something about Television Mastery.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe you used "Television Mastery" and "WB" in the same post.

Unless you were being....sassy.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm reserving judgement on the cliffhanger. I just finally got to see it last night. I don't have a problem with the ending since I'm going to wait and see what happens. My biggest complaint is that we didn't really get a breather to enjoy the end of the Xindi arc. It was like, "It's over... phew... WAIT, WAIT, WAIT...More stuff, holy crap, the end.

Here's my question... say this new stuff in the past becomes the main plot point for the next, oh, half a season. They're going to have to find a way to go back to the resolution of the Xindi arc because the crew will eventually get back to (their) present day Earth and have to tie things up. How they gonna do that after giving a whole new thing to deal with?

Anyway.

It's obvious their trying desperately not to go back to a week by week episodic exploration feel, though.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's just that this is a science fiction series (and particularly this show) that has never wanted for bad guys and it so seems a tad desperate to play the Nazi card now. I do think it's potentially kind of neat and when I watched the episode I definitely had a 'whoa'-type reaction. Of course, that might have been Archer's 'Hey, you got something on your shoulder. Lemme get it off for you.' moment just prior.

Warren Ellis is a bit up himself and he needs to find the no-line break function on his new Treo.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps