Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Braga quits writing for Enterprise. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Braga quits writing for Enterprise.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like Keating let the cat out of the bag.
http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial.asp?aff_id=0&this_cat=Television&action=page&type_id=&cat_id=270355&obj_id=41801

Check it out.

Some of the juicier tidbits...
quote:

Speaking at a British convention held by SFX, and to the BBC, the actor said that executive producer Brannon Braga would be taking a step back next year and letting Coto assume his duties

Coto?

quote:

In his talk with the BBC Keating also said he's pessimistic about ENTERPRISE's prospects at reaching a seventh season like all the other post-TOS TREK series have accomplished. "I would say no," said Keating to the Beeb, "it's an expensive show, and UPN seems to want to try and nix it.

Doesn't say much about the cast's faith in the network, does it?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
UPN doesn't seem to do alot that I'd have faith in if I was on the cast

As for Manny Coto, he wrote:
The Council
Chosen Realm
Similitude

And Co-Wrote and or wrote the Teleplay for:
Azati Prime
Harbinger

He has also worked on the shows:
Odyssey 5
Strange World
The Outer Limits
Alfred Hitchcock Presents

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Manny Coto. IIRC, he's new to the franchise starting with Enterprise's third season as part of the writing staff.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So Coto's a good writer!

Yeaaah!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hopefully, Braga wasn't the one who slipped those Nazis into the end of "Zero Hour". Or, if he is, hopefully he's already told them how to resolve it. Because to throw something out there like that and then leave it to someone else to think up an ending... That wouldn't be very nice.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I had the smae thought: mabye it was a parting shot.

Still, there's plenty of backdoors out of the story:
An alternate reality that NX-01 got zapped into to prevent their further interference in the Temporal Cold War- after the Sphere blew.

The Nazi Vampire could be some TCW agent sent to retrieve the Enterprise crew and preserve/restore the timeline (assuming no one sees him as he really looks, that is).

Archer's dreaming the whole Nazi Vampire thing after watching Salem's Lot on movie night.

You name it.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the problem wasn't so much Braga's writing, it was the fact that he gained control of the storylines in general. . ? Voyager's storylines were crap anyway, but under his stewardship they either got worse, or stupider, or both. . . And then he got to actually think up a series of his own, and look where that got us. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

If Braga was responsible for the pussification of the Borg, it's good he's leaving the writing of Enterprise to others.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will have to take some of my largely unwished for leisure time and write some sort of Braga apologia.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I always kind of thought he wrote good stories, as long as someone kept him in check. I mean, look at his TNG episodes. The problem with VOY was that there was no-one telling him things like "no, the Borg don't suck that bad" or "Q is arrogantly meddlesome, not just obnoxious" or "'Threshold' is really really awful".

And I realize he didn't actually write all those episodes, but, if someone else had been in charge, they may never have been produced.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
Hopefully, Braga wasn't the one who slipped those Nazis into the end of "Zero Hour". Or, if he is, hopefully he's already told them how to resolve it. Because to throw something out there like that and then leave it to someone else to think up an ending... That wouldn't be very nice.

*cough*MICHAELPILLER*cough*

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What did he do?
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He wrote "Insurrection".

And I'm not sure if you're serious or not, but just in case...

He started to make his mark on Star Trek with season 3 of TNG, and was the Brannon Braga of his day. Except that he wrote stuff like "The Best of Both Worlds", and other goods stuff. He probably got the best dialogue anyone ever could out of the TNG crew. And his stories were usually pretty good.

He did do Insurrection though...

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post 
I heard Piller did exactly that with "Best of Both Worlds", when he thought he wouldn't work on TNG the following season...
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it was Trek's first cliffhanger (not counting The Menagerie) so I don't think there was any precedent for writing cliffhangers then.

Insurrection might have been good - if it wasn't hacked to pieces - but we'll never know.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps