Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Fourth Season Budget (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Fourth Season Budget
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TV Guide has reported that in order to get a renewal, Paramount reduced the Enterprise budget by more than half: from $1.7M to about $800,000 per episode.

Stock footage ahoy... Mind you, after a previous reported budget cut, the show STILL managed to turn out some seriously FX-heavy episodes, including keeping Enterprise all wrecked up through the latter part of the season. Hm.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Enterprise's final season.
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Budget slashed, timeslot moved to Friday. It does look like this is the make-it-or-break-it season. Although Season 3 was meant to save the series too...

OTOH, with only half the VFX budget, we'll have plenty of time for quality storytelling*!

*this may be a lie

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Quote double post combo. Minus 100 points for me.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm guessing we'll see the appearance of a clip show ala "Shades of Grey" (TNG).
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Featuring some nutjob politico back on Earth, who lost his/her family in the Xindi attack, grilling Archer on how he handled the Xindi crisis. As in, not exterminating the lot of them. Flashbacks ahoy!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post 
No...Daniels will tell Archer in the season premiere that he needs to restore the timeline so that Earth was never hit by the Xindi weapon (as was hinted before). So, the rest of the season will be a rerun of the old episodes, in order, and they'll make a new season finale. Now THAT would save costs!

--------------------
Meh

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Put a superscripted "2" at the end of all the titles to denote the fact that it's the second time around. Viola. New episode. They could even CGI a second Archer in, peeking around corridors, playing with consoles, etc. It'd be like "Trials and Tribbilations".

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Captain Jonathan Archer never returned Home."
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or maybe they'd have the crew sitting around, watching their old episodes a la the "Monkey See, Doggy Two".

Hey, at least it was a different idea for a clip-show.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On the plus side, special effects are getting cheaper every yaar..

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On the other plus side, maybe if they don't have the easy out of spaceship battles every week, maybe they'll do something novel, like develop some of the characters, Such as Ensign Doorstop...I mean, Mayweather.

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I totally cried when it had that part on the final episode.
Member # 239

No lie.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay.

"Put a superscripted '2' at the end of all the titles to denote the fact that it's the second time around."

Except, then you end up with "E22".

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps