Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Fourth Season Budget (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Fourth Season Budget
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Dude, this is totally the episode where they have to save the day with recursion!"

Is what I would say to my elite nerd team. We would be reading GEB and writing those programs which print out their source code.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think "Doctor Who" once had a story where the day was saved by recursion. Or maybe recursion was the problem in the first place. I've forgotten.
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We haven’t been told they cut the budget. (Besides, an episode of Enterprise costs more than $1.7M to make anyway. They make up for it on non-UPN sales and will make up for it on syndication.)

TV Guide said that Paramount dropped its selling price to UPN. Paramount (the studio) took a loss so that Enterprise would be more likely to get purchased in second-run syndication (they want around 100 episodes so that they don’t have only two or three months’ worth to sell [Smile] ). They want to make more money off it once it’s cancelled.

Now, that said, the budget probably will drop, but not as much as the selling price did...

Continue joking... [Big Grin]

[ June 16, 2004, 06:01 AM: Message edited by: Elim Garak ]

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Selling price drop. I also concluded this would mean a budget slash. Of course, if they only last a half-season (end in Jan.) then the money could stretch that long
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On the brighter side, if they want to reach their goal of 100, we could get a "full" [24 ep] season.

I really do have faith in the series, much much moreso than I did for Voyager....despite missing the middle of last season due to UPNs lousy tv reception. (Maybe they could use the money they are skimming out of Enterprise to boost my UPNs station wattage to that of one capible of reaching antennas on tvs that are located outside of their 10mile broadcast radius. Fuckin FOX and UPN are broadcasted from the same building here in town (<10miles from here) and yet I can get FOX in without an antenna but cannot get UPN in with an antenna.)

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, $1.7M is a actually a ridiculous amount of money for 40 minutes of television. With that kind of money, you could've made 1.7 million episodes of Blake's 7 [Wink]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1.7 million seems to be enough to make an independent Trek feature film, IMO.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bear in mind that Nemesis went over budget to almost $90M and a Voyager episode was budgeted at almost $2M. "Broken Bow" cost $12M.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by JC Ultra Magnus:
"Captain Jonathan Archer never returned Home."

I like this idea. Archer jumps around in time, or "leaps" if you will, arriving on Enterprise at different points during the mission. He replaces different crew members in an attempt to right certain mistaken decisions that lead to the launch of the Xindi probe.

Daniels appears to him from the 31st century in the form of a hologram that noone else can see.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps the show can take the form of a hologram no-one can see. We'd all be a lot happier as a result.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I'm confused...do you like the show or not? I know you used to hate it, but then you seemed to like season 3. Which is it, foreign-boy?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, go bleach your hair, Britney. Just because I like the show more doesn't mean I'm going to deprive myself of the simple pleasures like slagging it off.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I was linking the sale price to the actual budget. It still most likely translates to a budget slash. More bottle shows, less location filing (though to its credit, I think ENT has made fewer shows on location in S3 and barely enone noticed).

Hm - Trek has suffered a budget slash and move to Friday before... 1968, I believe. [Wink]

Mark

PS - TSN, look up "Logopolis". It was the problem. [Smile]

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Of all the Who episodes to forget, that seems a strange one...

And Lee..."Eminem", not "Britney".

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
Hm - Trek has suffered a budget slash and move to Friday before... 1968, I believe. [Wink]

Too bad they didn't do that last season then.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps