Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Fourth Season Budget (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Fourth Season Budget
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Y'know, Lee at least sometimes puts actual criticism in amoungst the slagging off.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Christina Aguilerra.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am not dirrty.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Neither are you a Fighter, nor are you Beautiful. The jury is still out as to whether or not you're a Genie in a Bottle.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seeing as where there's currently no moderator for this forum, I'm going to step in for this once...

I've had enough of your attitude, J. Either you start posting useful comments or actual criticism, or stop posting or even visiting this forum at all. This is a forum for discussing Enterprise, not a venue for expressing your dislike for the show. So you don't like the show, big fucking deal. We all know it. You don't have to bring it up every time. No one makes you watch it, and quite frankly, I don't want to read your bitching anymore.

And as much as it may shock, horrify, and apall you, some people actually like the show, myself included. People want a friendly place to come and discuss a show. If all you want to do is bitch and whine about how much you hate it, go over to TrekBBS. There's no room for it here.

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ya know, there was once a troll calling himself J on several U2 mailing lists that I'm on and he had the same attitude and bitchiness about some of the band's albums. Could it be the same guy here? I would hope not though.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh no... I can't say a bad thing about U2 save that they aren't on the radio enough in this town.

And if you can't stand my criticism of ENT through humor it's not my fault. Facts have proved me right thus far, ENT is dying there are no bones about it.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by J:
Oh no... I can't say a bad thing about U2 save that they aren't on the radio enough in this town.

And if you can't stand my criticism of ENT through humor it's not my fault. Facts have proved me right thus far, ENT is dying there are no bones about it.

He does have a point but, in reality, I came here to HEAR the bitching and eat popcorn. so by all means keep the fucking angst knob set at 11 since if I wanted a real honest to god discussion about ENT, I go talk to my dog... after I cast communion with animals first...and he fails his save...and I find out, all these years, he's being telling ME to fuck off....

something like that...I think?

popcorn, anyone? *MUNCH, MUNCH, MUNCH*

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

I think the problem is that we've finished the 3rd season, and J is still making exactly the same comments that people were making 4 years ago. It's just...boring now.

quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Neither are you a Fighter, nor are you Beautiful. The jury is still out as to whether or not you're a Genie in a Bottle.

I am a picker though. And a grinner. A lover too. And, I'll admit, I've been a sinner on occassion. If only it were sunny out, I'd put some music on.

--------------------

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I've been saying it for four years, and the proof is in the ratings. They suck almost as much as the show. Watch what happens when the show is moved to Fridays. Anyone who has Sci-fi would be more likely to watch StarGate. Then there are other broadcast shows which are likely to take a bite out of ENT. The fact that it's Friday night doesn't help either, most people go out on Friday nights.

Friday night isn't the greatest TV night. It's been my experience that most networks, when they change a show's time to Friday [not start it there] it's a sign that network execs are ready to watch it die. When a studio cuts a show's budget, it's also a sign that execs are ready to see it die. Both studio and network execs know for a fact that ENT's performance is lackluster at best. Season 3's arc was to lead to higher ratings but the downward tread has continued.

You can like ENT all you want, I can hate it all I want... but the fact is I said 4 years ago that it wouldn't be good, and I'm right... 3 million viewers left immediately after Broken Bow, by the end of the season the average dropped 3 million more. By the end of season two the average dropped 2 million more. Now come the end of season 3, the season of promised return, and it's lost nearly 1 million more viewers. Seems like I'm on the majority here, I'd be willing to bet that the remaining 3.8 million people that watch ENT there is a majority among them that loath the show just like me.

There are about a trillion ways in which they could have turned this show around at any one point and they haven't done it, so it continues to gush viewers like a puking drunk with dysentery.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, for fuck's sake.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Of course, there are only two ways to judge the quality of a show: how many people watch it, and how long it lasts. Just look at crapbombs like "Farscape" or "Firefly". Or the bastion of thoughtful, provocative storytelling that was "Star Trek: Voyager". And, of course, what show can possibly outstrip the awesome quality inherent in "Temptation Island" and "The Swan"?
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would totally watch Star Trek: Made, though. Or, shit, Star Trek: Room Raiders. No lie.

(I am older and can now swear with impunity. Seriously, though, Room Raiders = butter.)

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It might help, too, if they actually were in every market like their competition is...and those stations that have UPN shows contracted out to them air them Friday nights anyway. There is also the fact that the 2 stations I can watch Enterprise on rerun the show on Saturday and Sunday, do they take those viewings into account for the ratings as well? I doubt it. It really doesn't seem Enterprise can truely get the fair ratings it may or maynot have when its not aired on a "real" station like TNG and DS9 used to be...

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Futurama Guy:
It might help, too, if they actually were in every market like their competition is...and those stations that have UPN shows contracted out to them air them Friday nights anyway. There is also the fact that the 2 stations I can watch Enterprise on rerun the show on Saturday and Sunday, do they take those viewings into account for the ratings as well? I doubt it. It really doesn't seem Enterprise can truely get the fair ratings it may or maynot have when its not aired on a "real" station like TNG and DS9 used to be...

The ratings aren't for how watched the show is, they're for determining how many viewers are watching in a given hour and thus how far the sponsor's advertising buck is going.

If 1.5 million people watch on Wednesday and .5 million people watch on Sunday, that's still just 1.5 million for that hour the show is on the air Wednesday. The goal is to get the most people watching a given hour so you can raise your ad rates. The rating for the repeat broadcast on another night are judged entirely on the rating for that hour versus what the competition is showing during the same hour.

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps