Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Vague spoilers for season four. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Vague spoilers for season four.
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dramatic pause to:

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lets see...
  • They could have a tribble episode.
  • They could go as far as introducing Sareks parents - Skon or Solkar, but that would be even more obscure than Flint.
  • They could have more stories on the Andorians or Tellerites, especially if they want to establish a motive to for them to all allie with Earth and Vulcan to form the Federation. So far we haven't seen anything with the Tellerites that would even make them appear anything more than neutral.
  • They could have more Tholians (or Gorn, but far less likely).

Otherwise they could just drag in a bunch of other, moreless random 'human-like' aliens, but taht would be rather pointless. Personally, I think if they could pull something out with the aliens already established...even if they were to get some Cardassians into the mix, that would be able to carry the series for a while. I mean the Dominion (//Klingons) carried DS9 for 4 years.

--------------------

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
From a B&B interview
"There are going to be some major interstellar events and conflicts happening that could involve the forming of the federation. We're going to see more of what's going on back at Earth. We might see something dealing with the Eugenics Wars."

WTF??

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

I guess that would depend on what year they are in at the time. Maybe they will pull some temporal strings that say that Hitler was influced by some sort of temporal cold warrior, hence the current dilemma, but the same could be said with someone behind Khan as well (it might help account for all of the "200 years ago" references that were always misspoken about Khan).

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to AICN:

quote:
There�s much talk from franchise ubershowrunner Rick Berman about William Shatner possibly somehow making a return to the �Star Trek� franchise this season. I'm not saying it won't happen, but Kirk's face is way busy with Priceline and �Boston Legal� (aka �The Practice II� aka �Fleet Street� aka �The Practice: Fleet Street�). The real news is that Brent Spiner will likely play Dr. Noonien Soong�s grandpa for three episodes. Well, how cool is that? Let me answer my own question: very, very cool.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WEIRD.

(Have they really renamed whatever it is The Practice is supposed to be? That was one melodramatic show. Anyway, I thought it was canceled again.)

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's also a rumour out there now about Brent Spiner playing Noonian Soong's grandfather, which sound like bullshit really (but how many times have I been proved wrong whenever I rubbish these rubbish rumours?). . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, there is a rumour out "there" ... if "there" is two posts above yours!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.trektoday.com/news/110704_01.shtml

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Grandfather? If that's true, I must wonder whether anyone who works on "Enterprise" has the slightest conception of how long a typical human generation is.
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
People live longer in the future.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Though, with Star Trek technology, the average human should be living much longer than usually seen, if you ask me. Or at the very least be healthier in their old age. Why is McCoy a stumbling relic at 120+? Shore up those bones, Bones; peel off that withered face and replace it with freshly invigorated skin.

Edit: Snaked!

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not that I'm ready to give into the idea that it will happen but:

Soong was an old man in 2360's, and probably was born in 2270 or 2260, I would even venture as far back as 2240. Depending on how old they make the grandfather character in 2150's, it's possible.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can buy that it's possible chronologically. I'm just wondering what the story will be. Sure, we know nothing about Soong's ancestors, so it could be anything they want, but I'm just hoping they don't stretch things too far just to make a connection with TNG.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also find it odd that everyone looks exactly like their own ancestors.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps