Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Season 4 Details ($$$) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Season 4 Details ($$$)
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I'm starting a new thread for this, as the other one is for "vague" spoilers. These are pretty detailed.

All of this is from here.

4x1: "Storm Front, Part I"
4x2: "Storm Front, Part II"

Conclusion of Alien Nazi Vampire cliffhanger.

Big news is that this is apparantly the end of the Temporal Cold War arc. No more Silik, no more Daniels. Future Guy's identity will not be revealed. I'm a bit conflicted on that piece of info.

4x3: Unknown stand-alone episode

Not attached to any mini-arc, no details yet.

4x4-4x6: Eugenics Mini-Arc

Arik Soong (played by Brent Spiner) apparantly broke into Starfleet 20 years ago and revived some genetically-engineered embryos from the Eugenics Wars era. Now those grown-up Khan-wannabes are about to start a war with the Klingons.

I don't think this conflicts with anything, since Soong's kiddies were apparantly accounted for. Coto is also not dealing with exactly when the Eugenics Wars happened, which I think is wise. Klingons and Orions will both be seen in this arc.

Three-episode Vulcan mini-arc

A Vulcan "Martin Luther" who thinks he's the reincarnation of Surak causes a "civil war" on Vulcan. Will apparantly deal with why Enterprise-era Vulcans are different from Vulcans from later eras.

Don't know what to think on this one. Could be interesting, as long as the "Martin Luther" character isn't revealed to be completely out of his mind (Like the lead hologram from "Flesh and Blood").

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Doctor Jonas
Member # 481

- posted      Profile for Doctor Jonas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's disappointing to see how they will deal with the TCW arc. Possibly has something to do with the possibility of cancellation. Maybe if they get a fifth season they will be back; but meanwhile there are lots of stories to be told during this fourth season, if they feel it may be the last.

Would we get to see one of the best Trek seasons EVAR?

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tying up the TCW in two episodes at the beginning of the season is saying, "We don't know how to go back to this and didn't know how we wanted to end it in the first place, so let's get rid of it and move on to other things."

The TCW was set up as the underlying arc of the show from the pilot episode on. To get rid of it now without ever revealing the identity of the bad guy seems half-assed to me. But as always, I'll wait and see how it's done before making a judgement.

japol
Member # 1149

- posted      Profile for japol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have to say... I'm really very excited about this. It seems that the show may be finding its way.

Now I am really looking forward to the next season.

--------------------
I slit the sheet, the sheet I slit, and on the slitted sheet I sit.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
4x1: "Storm Front, Part I"
4x2: "Storm Front, Part II"

Conclusion of Alien Nazi Vampire cliffhanger.

Big news is that this is apparantly the end of the Temporal Cold War arc. No more Silik, no more Daniels. Future Guy's identity will not be revealed. I'm a bit conflicted on that piece of info.

Sounds like a quick end to a convoluted arc. Perhap's it's for the best to kill of this fuzzy arc. No-one seems to have had a clue about where they were trying to go anyway. This also opens up the possibility that FutureGuy is in fact Hermann G�ring..

quote:

4x4-4x6: Eugenics Mini-Arc

Arik Soong (played by Brent Spiner) apparantly broke into Starfleet 20 years ago and revived some genetically-engineered embryos from the Eugenics Wars era. Now those grown-up Khan-wannabes are about to start a war with the Klingons.

I don't think this conflicts with anything, since Soong's kiddies were apparantly accounted for. Coto is also not dealing with exactly when the Eugenics Wars happened, which I think is wise. Klingons and Orions will both be seen in this arc.

This sounds like it could be good. I very definitely plays in on TOS, and I'm very much looking to forward to *finally* seeing some Orions. I wonder what they'll look like, since I seem to remember the green skinned females were only semi-sentient trade items, and not actually of the Orion species. TAS has some Orions, but they are probably way to cartoony to be tranferred to live action.

quote:

Three-episode Vulcan mini-arc

A Vulcan "Martin Luther" who thinks he's the reincarnation of Surak causes a "civil war" on Vulcan. Will apparantly deal with why Enterprise-era Vulcans are different from Vulcans from later eras.

A Vulcan revolution? Coto is changing the Vulcans back to the Vulcans we know? Sounds like this man is trying to make this a repairing season. Killing of the TCW, getting the Vulcans back to normal, introducing the Orions. I like it already [Wink]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I guess we'll finally have a sort-of explanation why the admiral in "Doctor Bashir, I Presume" thought the Eugenics Wars were 200 years earlier.
Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The third ep supposedly features a near-marriage for T'Pol, according to . . . uh . . . um . . . er . . . something-or-other I read that claimed to be reporting on something Blalock said.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Bond, James Bond
Member # 1127

- posted      Profile for Bond, James Bond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
^^^ Jolene Blalock let the cat out of the bag during this week's fall press tour: 'T'Pol' may be getting married. In fact, TrekWeb has received the first information on the third episode of the season in which the big event might occur, entitled simply "Home."

In the episode, slated to begin production August 4th under the direction of Allan Kroeker (who is also directing the season premiere "Storm Front, Part 1", credits), T'Pol will face her mother 'T'Las', who along with another family has arranged a Vulcan marriage for the Enterprise science officer. Producers are reportedly looking for an actress in her 60s are are open to "stunt" casting for the role.

UPN president Dawn Ostroff said earlier this week that the network would like to land popular performers in ENTERPRISE guest roles this season; TNG's Brent Spiner is already onboard for a three-part stint, and Shatner talks is omnipresent.

T'Pol's husband-to-be goes by the name of 'Koss' and looks in his late 30s by human standards. Koss is reminiscient of 'Spock', tall and imposing. But T'Pol -- as you can probably imagine -- is unsure whether to go through with the betrothal. Both T'Las and Koss could appear in later episodes.

In addition, we'll also meet the newest NX-class member of the fleet in "Home." The commemoratively-named Starship Columbia is captained by 'Erika Hernandez', a sexy Latin former colleague of 'Archer's from Starfleet's command school.

Rick Berman stated this week that the third episode of the season would be a standalone before launching into the three-part storyline focusing on Spiner as 'Arik Soong', the great-great-grandfather of 'Noonien Soong' (Data's creator) who attempts to continue the work of geneticists with embryos left over from the Eugenics Wars (story).

http://trekweb.com/articles/2004/07/23/41019f06c7005.shtml

Also from Trekweb:

STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE resumed production last week with the fourth season premiere "Storm Front, Part 1," the beginning of a multi-episode storyline that will find Archer stuck in a Nazi-dominated 1944 in which the World War II villains are being aided by an alien race called the 'Na'khul'.

The second part of "Storm Front" is slated to go before cameras next Monday, and TrekWeb has learned that the episode will involve more temporal craziness. As 'Vosk', the alien leader who seems to be leading their effort to help the Nazis occupy the East Coast of the United States, seeks to determine whether temporal agents are foiling their plan.

Vosk's new assistant 'Kraul' is charged with investigating prisoners' status as temporal agents and is satisfied that they aren't. Meanwhile, we also learn that Vosk maintains a temporal conduit in his compound, and Archer works with other resistance fighters to prevent the Na'Khul's interference with Earth's past.

"Storm Front, Part 2" will be directed by David Straiton from a script by Manny Coto. The episode will air October 15th.

Update: The Modesto Bee was also in attendance this week, and quotes Jolene Blalock ('T'Pol') as saying that season four will be the "best year." She also reportedly said, "We have Hitler in Time Square," possibly revealing a cameo by everyone's favorite genocidal maniac, war criminal, and all around bad guy. The first two episodes of the season, "Storm Front," deal with aliens assisting the Nazis in a takeover of the United States during World War II.

--------------------
"You must talk to him; tell him that he is a good cat, and a pretty cat, and..." -- Data
"I will feed him" -- Worf (Phantasms)

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh boy. It seems like Bernd's going to have a busy fourth season with all the Star-Trek-does-WW2 craziness.

So.. the Nazis in New York. That's a very significant change to the War, because Hitler had no plans whatsoever about America. His largest concerns were about Britain and the Soviet Union, and from what I understand, Nazi leaders had only a very vague (and wrong) idea of American power. Apparently, America just wasn't on the agenda at all. Germany declared war on the US after Japan attacked at Pearl Harbor, but that seems to be mostly attributed to secret deals with Japan and delusional plans by Hitler.

So ... did the aliens help Hitler win in the Soviet Union and in Brittain? And did they somehow manage to change Hitler's mind about America? Hitler wasn't very rational, and certainly didn't like anyone disagreeing with him, so I wonder how those aliens manage to change his mind...

Perhaps this all takes place well after the (failed?) invasion at Normandy, but at that time Hitler was a very disturbed man with possible Parkinson's disease.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Bond, James Bond
Member # 1127

- posted      Profile for Bond, James Bond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's the impression that I get. The aliens helped Hitler win the war in Europe and then convinced him to carry the fight to the America's afterwards.

Regardless of Hitler's noted stubborness, I think when aliens show up with powerful future technology that can help him win the war even he would listen.

I also think Braga's been reading Harry Turtledove.

--------------------
"You must talk to him; tell him that he is a good cat, and a pretty cat, and..." -- Data

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is usually common to take inspiration from sources that don't suck.

Harry Turtledoce is the worst thing since poking your scrotum with a knife made out of flaming lava and salt.

Bond, James Bond
Member # 1127

I'll have to take your word on that.

--------------------

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Turtledoce.

He's Italian. Writes books about crazy alternate pastas in which the minestrone had paesto instead of brasilia.

Crazy shit those are.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Na'khul"? Geez, you'd think JMS was already writing for them...
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm reading Turtledove's Worldwar series right now, actually, and its quite good. In my opinion, anyways.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps