Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Season 4 Details ($$$) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Season 4 Details ($$$)
machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post 
Well... some people think those lizards must be the stupidest species in the whole universe.
But I enjoyed the books anyway.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
"Na'khul"? Geez, you'd think JMS was already writing for them...

Because there was a character Na'Toth in B5? If he was, we'd soon have some sort of poorly disguised plagarism of Tolkien.

Don't get me wrong - I liked B5... lots.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite alternate history of WWII novel is The Grasshopper Lies Heavy.

[ July 26, 2004, 01:04 AM: Message edited by: Sol System ]

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
"Na'khul"? Geez, you'd think JMS was already writing for them...

Because there was a character Na'Toth in B5? If he was, we'd soon have some sort of poorly disguised plagarism of Tolkien.

Don't get me wrong - I liked B5... lots.

You mean like Na'khul vs. Nazgul?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh dear.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Was just thinking. I think it sucks and long time viewers will be cheated if they wrap the Temporal Cold War up in one two-parter!! I mean this has been going on for 3 years PLUS it was the catalyst that resulted in the Enterprise being launced in the first place. AND the TCW is too entwined in a number of Galactic powers, the Klingons and the Tholians to name just two. Oh and I want more Tholian appearences! That Tholian voice *shiver*, very well done.

--------------------

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"...we'd soon have some sort of poorly disguised plagarism of Tolkien."

I really wish people would broaden their reference frames to include more than just the works of Tolkien before leveling criticism at anyone else for copying them.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by machf:
Well... some people think those lizards must be the stupidest species in the whole universe.
But I enjoyed the books anyway.

Maybe they're all infected with Chaos, and they do things so slowly to counteract it...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't they already do an episode where T'Pol was supposed to get married but didn't? I thought that was in the second season...

And I hadn't thought about the fact that the TCW involes the Klingons and the Tholians. There was evidently some fairly heavy involvement, too, since the Tholians seemed to know what the dealio was with that 31st century pod. How do you wrap up everyone's involvement in two episodes?

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe they're all infected with Chaos, and they do things so slowly to counteract it...

*snerk*

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
Didn't they already do an episode where T'Pol was supposed to get married but didn't? I thought that was in the second season...

And I hadn't thought about the fact that the TCW involes the Klingons and the Tholians. There was evidently some fairly heavy involvement, too, since the Tholians seemed to know what the dealio was with that 31st century pod. How do you wrap up everyone's involvement in two episodes?

I thought that about T'Pol too - maybe the betrothed is now REALLY serious about getting his mate... Pon Farr?

How do they rap it up - poorly i'd suppose. The idea was intruiging. Were there any other races involved... the Tellerites?

Thing is with the Tholians... if something is going on with the Klingons and/or the Romulans they seem to also have a keen interest. So the Romulans could have been indirectly tied in there.

Sounds to me like another case of Star Trek producer revisionist history.

--------------------

Bond, James Bond
Member # 1127

- posted      Profile for Bond, James Bond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the first season episode "Breaking the Ice", T'pol was supposed to leave Enterprise aboard the Vulcan ship that was shadowing them because she was betrothed to a man named Koss, and they were supposed to be married within a week or his parents would call it off. She would have to leave Enterprise because Vulcan custom would require that they live togather for at least a year IIRC.

The man she is supposed to marry in this episode is Koss again.

--------------------
"You must talk to him; tell him that he is a good cat, and a pretty cat, and..." -- Data
"I will feed him" -- Worf (Phantasms)

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is a good thing that Vulcan Marriages are not Three-Way Marriages, and that the third party is not named T'Ann.

Koss, T'Ann, T'Pol.

No, you idiots. It's Ishtar N'baul.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'm glad it's the same guy. I can buy it if it's actually a continuation of the storyline.

I'm actually curious to see what will happen to T'Pol and the Vulcans in general now that the Xindi arc is finished.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can see her getting a Starfleet commission, if she wanted it.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps