Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Season 4 Details ($$$) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Season 4 Details ($$$)
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pictures from "All American WW2", aka "Storm Front".

Instead of an interesting WW2 what-if, it actually seems more likely to be a very silly way to move the entire WW2 to New York, and make it a nice americocentric war.

THANK FUCK AMERICANS ARE SO MUCH BETTER THAN THOSE EUROPEAN PUSSIES!

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SFX has the most idiotic headlines I've ever read. And I'm guessing that, more often than not, the cover photo is positioned like the one they have featured now, so that it looks like the title of the magazine is "SEX"

So Archer spends some time in a Nazi-ized New York and romances a black Edith Keeler type. Ok.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You got it in one, Alan. I used to read it until about 2001 when it became plain that the whole magazine was turning into one big Buffy fanzine.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is part of the Vast American Conspiracy to Dehumanize and Humiliate the Proud Peoples of Germany, of course.

(Also, "what happens to the Vulcans now?" would seem to be a question answered way back on page one of this thread.)

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CONSTANTINOPLE.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
Instead of an interesting WW2 what-if, it actually seems more likely to be a very silly way to move the entire WW2 to New York, and make it a nice americocentric war.

No, it's clearly a cost-cutting measure - just using the New York back-lot set on the Paramount Lot again.

How many times in Trek ALONE has it been?

City on the Edge of Forever (I'm not too sure about TOS - if it was built then and if so if it was redressed a number of times - like for "Miri" or "Return of the Archons".

There was at least "Emergence" [TNG] and "Past Tense part 1 and 2" [DS9], "Far Beyond The Stars" [DS9] any others that have used the New York set on the Paramount Lot?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Bond, James Bond
Member # 1127

- posted      Profile for Bond, James Bond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Manjuice:
CONSTANTINOPLE.

GOT IT THE FIRST TIME. NO FUNNIER THE SECOND TIME AROUND.

Archer was from upstate New York, so maybe he spent a lot of time in NYC and they wanted to use his knowledge of the city as a plot point somehow.

--------------------
"You must talk to him; tell him that he is a good cat, and a pretty cat, and..." -- Data
"I will feed him" -- Worf (Phantasms)

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're a sassy brat, and apparently don't know my methods, or the breadth of my genius.

BYZANTIUM.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

60 years later and the bitterness still lingers.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
quote:

No, it's clearly a cost-cutting measure - just using the New York back-lot set on the Paramount Lot again.

How many times in Trek ALONE has it been?

City on the Edge of Forever (I'm not too sure about TOS - if it was built then and if so if it was redressed a number of times - like for "Miri" or "Return of the Archons".

There was at least "Emergence" [TNG] and "Past Tense part 1 and 2" [DS9], "Far Beyond The Stars" [DS9] any others that have used the New York set on the Paramount Lot?

I'm fairly certain the last time we engaged Alien Nazis(tm) the New York backlot was used, albeit redressed as random French town saved by TEH USA!!1! TEH USA!1!!. (Alternately, I suppose they could have borrowed some other studio's more cobblestoney backlot. But alternate theories displease me.)

Bernd's review of this coming premiere will be one for the ages. I anticipate those dirty racist Americans being put in their place once and for all.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed. The shame will be sufficient to compel Dubya to withdraw from the election.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Futurama IV Shizzle:
quote:

60 years later and the bitterness still lingers.
I think he's refering to the fact that Hollywood appears to believe that the US won WW2 alone with no help whatsoever (except possibly a couple of ludicrously upper class incompetant Brits), and the attendant impression that many Americans seem to believe the same thing. So not exactly 60 years.

quote:
Bernd's review of this coming premiere will be one for the ages. I anticipate those dirty racist Americans being put in their place once and for all.

Well, it'll be something to look forward to at any rate...

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

I think he's refering to the fact that Hollywood appears to believe that the US won WW2 alone with no help whatsoever (except possibly a couple of ludicrously upper class incompetant Brits), and the attendant impression that many Americans seem to believe the same thing. So not exactly 60 years.

Not only that, but also the fact that Hollywood usually thinks it's easier to simply feed those misconceptions (need I mention U-571?) instead of telling more truthful stories.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know what I said and I stand beside that.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What bitterness? Where? What?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps