Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Spiner talks about Enterprise (Page 2)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Spiner talks about Enterprise
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just wish TNG had the benifit of today's writers, directors and most of all special effects.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are the writers of 1990 all dead then?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Because today's writers and directors always get everything right, right?

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welllllll No, they sure dont, but even Hoshi's most plaintive whining sounds FAR more believable than anything Troi ever spouted out onscreen.
Marina Sirtis makes her mentor (Calculon) so proud.

Even episodes like "A Night in Sickbay" far outshine almost any "holodeck adventure" IMHO.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's just that lumping all seven years of TNG on the same pile after a single modestly good season of ENT may not be the most reliable sequitur ever, you know?

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I suppose, but we cant really compare untill Enterprise's seven years are up.
Comparing just the first three seasons, I'd still give it to Enterprise as a better overall series.
TNG never really got into full gear untill later (fourth-fifth season for me) while more is expected of Enterprise.

Back to Spiner, I would'nt be suprised if a great many former-Trek cast are Enterprise fans: look at how many of them direct episodes [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm clucking my tongue at you, fanboy.

PS what's a Korgano?

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"...the equally boring and silly 'pirate adventure' that was resolved by thinking happy thoughts..."

I don't know about pirates, but the only "happy thoughts" plot I can think of is TOS' "Day of the Dove".

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
I don't know about pirates, but the only "happy thoughts" plot I can think of is TOS' "Day of the Dove".
I refer to the "aincent Vulcan superweapon" that does dick if you're opponent can relax and clear their thoughts of violent feelings.

quote:
Originally posted by UFPSFMC-Colonel Mike Captain:
I'm clucking my tongue at you, fanboy.

PS what's a Korgano?

Again with your chicken fetish.....

"Korgano" was one of the characters Data was posessed by when Enterprise D encountered a space library that started turning whole decks of the ship into a temple and....
Fuck it.
If you missed the episode, you're better off. [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I quite liked the sets in that one. Even if they were done on the cheap and only the interior of the ship got Azteched.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Notice a total lack of crew (extras) in that episode?

"Cheap" is right. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're stupid! And you're gonna be stupid and dead!
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

You love that episode?
It's laughably bad.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"I refer to the 'aincent Vulcan superweapon' that does dick if you're opponent can relax and clear their thoughts of violent feelings."

Oh, right. "Gambit".

"'Korgano' was one of the characters Data was posessed by when Enterprise D encountered a space library that started turning whole decks of the ship into a temple and...."

So, you couldn't remember it was called "Masks". And yet, of all the ways you could have described it, you picked some obscure character name that no-one would recognize.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I said I liked the sets.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps