Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Spiner talks about Enterprise (Page 4)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Spiner talks about Enterprise
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
a fucking nerd...

i share Jason's hatred of TNG season 7 and shitty TNG era eps in general, but until i see a few more "good" ENT eps, i'm going to have to not condemn TNG on that basis. The shitty holodeck/shitty altered reality/budget savers/whiny guest star episodes are still in the minority, especially if you are willing to bring s3 through s6 into consideration..

what i'm wondering is if Spiner wears his yellow TNG uniform, his red TNG uniform from "Chain of Command," his Generations uniform or his First Contact uniform. OR if he actually has an ENT uniform.

This is what I am wondering.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You fucking nerd.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, I'd be the nerd for pointing out that Spiner had gotten his red TNG uniform from "Future Imperfect".

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That was an alien holosimulation and he wore a DIFFERENT PIN.

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Would it be nerdy to point out that he actually wore two different "regular" TNG uniforms? And that it was more mustardy-gold than yellow?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"It wasn't the production or writing... or even the directing. It was the lousy editing and the scheduled release date."

The writing sure didn't help it, though.

capped
Member # 709

quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
Would it be nerdy to point out that he actually wore two different "regular" TNG uniforms? And that it was more mustardy-gold than yellow?

and on that, we would wonder: the correct, more common "lieutenant commander" insignia or the accidental, rare costume screwup that occasionally made him "lieutenant junior grade."

This would be like the fucking nerdiness reaching some type of climactic "nerdgasm" if, after all that, we recall the half-season transition running several episodes after the end of the season 1-2 uniform, the season 3 uniforms having two seams up the front until altered sometime in the middle of that year.

--------------------

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He also probably had more than one of each, since they would likely get rather worn...

And don't they generally sell those off anyway?

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So to sum up the uniforms Spiner wore... regardless of ranks pips, communicator pins, duplications, different fabrics or color brightness...
1. Season 1 uniform in gold
2. 1st half season 3 uniform in gold (collar design as in later TNG series uniform, two seams along front on left and right sides, form fitting like season 1 uniform, no belt)
3. 2nd half season 3 uniform in gold (used in rest of series)
4. Yesterday's Enterprise alternate uniform in gold
5. Season 3 dress uniform in gold (design used in rest of series and different from seasons 1 and 2 dress uniform design)
6. 2nd half season 3 uniform in red
7. DS9 season 1 jumpsuit in gold
8. FC uniform in gold
9. Insurrection dress uniform in gold (though he didn't get the uniform until Nemesis)

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
As for the context of his comment: I still think he was serious and is a nerd.
I seem to recall Spiner saying some years ago that he was never a Star Trek fan. For him to go from that and barely tolerating fan obsession to this comment seems very out of character.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Engineering work uniform" is another uniform worn sporadically throughout the series. Lore wore it in "Datalore" - I'm pretty sure Data wore it on a few other occasions.

Seriously - I wonder if they were given a uniform at the end of the series? I know Marina Sirtis said at a convention that she stole a few of the dresses. Like the Lilac Season 4 dress. [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Proto-Data wore an Engineering uniform in NEM.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My guess is that most of the uniforms are kept for extras use (see the occasional infuriating appearance of TNG uniforms on DS9), but the main cast most likely got some authorized and unauthorized mementos.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tora Ziyal:
I seem to recall Spiner saying some years ago that he was never a Star Trek fan. For him to go from that and barely tolerating fan obsession to this comment seems very out of character.

It strikes me that he was taking the piss, if anything.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This discussion, all threads within, is the worst thing that humanity has ever spawned.
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps