Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Spiner talks about Enterprise (Page 5)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Spiner talks about Enterprise
Obi Juan
Who's your master?
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for Obi Juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dat:
It wasn't the production or writing... or even the directing. It was the lousy editing and the scheduled release date.

So it wouldn't have been a shit movie if it hadn't been released around the same time as The Two Towers? Does that mean Threshold would have been a great episode had been released at a different time so that Cop Rock was its stiffest competition?
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Of course it still would have been shit if it had been released at a diferent time. But it would have made more money.
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
shit money, desperate shit money.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
Of course it still would have been shit if it had been released at a diferent time. But it would have made more money.

Be thankful it did not make big money: otherwise we'd already have a new film in the works written exclusivly by Spiner/Stewart and it would involve even more car chases, clones and "reset-button deaths".....but no scenes for Geordi, Riker or Crusher, of course. [Wink]

...and I still think Nemesis was better than STV.
Probably better than STVI as well, frankly.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:

Most. Ludicrous. Statement. Ever.

TFF had some really great character moments and probably did the best job overall of capturing the feeling of the series it stemmed from when compared to both its predecessors and successors. This cannot in any way be said of Nemesis.
quote:
As much as I roll my eyes at so many parts of TUC, I still have to give it more credit than that. It was effective and entertaining where it needed to be. Nemesis is the worst Trek film. Of ALL of them. The WORST. I stand by this opinion even after multiple re-viewings.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

P.S.
Just to clarify, I don't mean to say that there was absolutely nothing entertaining or effective about NEM, just that there was decidedly more in every other Trek film.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NEM left me cold and cheated. Moreso than any episode could. The film had no heart. Heck, it didn't even have a gimmic. Fuck those who say Trek fans argue of tech stuff (yes we do here) BUT we know when a MOVIE SUCKS. NEM sucked, it sucked Naussican Grombaa.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

*slaps Jason around with an oily rag* you get 2 hours W.O.O. [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nem and STV suffer from the same major flaw: actor's egos were allowed to dominate what should've been a good story- okay, not in STV's case: that plot is just BAD).

STVI just gets worse and more obviously cliche' each time i see it: it's like watching Red Dawn in it's obvious hackened political overtones from the time the movie premiered.

Klingons rely on one small moon for all their energy? Somehow the moon's destruction will destroy their homeworld's ozone layer?
the fuck?!? The whole premise for the movie is nothing but sound bytes from 1990's CNN.
Klingons have pepto Bismol for blood?
Their security is so lax that they allowed Kirk to wear a big black tracking device -that Enterprise SOMEHOW can track sectors away?!?
All of starfleet is out smelling gaseous anomalies?
Dumb.
Add to that Valeris' role was obviously supposedly to have been Savvik...
and the hideously cheesy "operate on a torpedo scene".

For all it's crappy moments, Nem has some good acting on Marina Sirtis' part 9and I normally loathe her performances), brief cameo by Wesley and a nice line between Worf and riker about Romulan honor....showing that Worf at least developed since TNG.

Everything dropped from Nemesis should have been dropped though: all those scenes with the new first officer were worthless in the extreme.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
STX:
-EVIL PICARD CLONE
-DUMB DATA CLONE

STVI:
-COLD WAR ANALOGIES

STV:
-ROCK MONSTERS
-GOD

HAH YOU LOSE AMERICAN ASSHOLE

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Toss my salad, loser: STVI- no plot meant for absent actresses and involving cheap headlines and sound-bytes instead of story.
Nice Excelsior scenes, admittidly.
250 lb Kirk fighting himself in the snow.
Everyone in starfleet's a bigot.
Scooby-Doo ending.

STV- 76 decks on Enterprise, a crew of what? 15? Spock's long-lost-never-mentioned-idiot-brother.
God, Uhura making everyone in the theatre wretch up their popcorn by dancing nekkid, Scotty knocking himslf out on low-hanging-exposed pipes ON A FUCKING SPACESHIP!

Gimmie Picard's dumbass dune-buggy over that horseshit any ol' day.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i would enjoy looking into a wierd funhouse mirror where Nemesis is somehow better than ST6, but i havent found the right drug to make it possible..

hints?

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Fuck those who say Trek fans argue of tech stuff (yes we do here) BUT we know when a MOVIE SUCKS.

Your argument is shot down (or validated, possibly) by:

quote:

STV- 76 decks on Enterprise,

quote:
Klingons rely on one small moon for all their energy? Somehow the moon's destruction will destroy their homeworld's ozone layer?
the fuck?!?

All of starfleet is out smelling gaseous anomalies?
Dumb.

And I'm not saying that I agree with the stuff I cut out. But not liking ST V on the basis that they count the number of decks wrong (which immedietly means that First Contact must be a dreadful, dreadful film), or hating ST VI because all of Starfleet's ships have been modified to catalogue gaseous anomalies (my god, how far out crazy shit mad is that? With rabbits!) doesn't excourage my belief that Star Trek fans really know what is good and bad about a film.

And I'm no scientist, but the idea of a moon exploding (a moon used for mining some super amazing gas, no less) somehow damaging the atmosphere of the planet it orbits doesn't really strike me as that daft.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

It's only daft to think that an entire interstellar empire would crumble at the loss of a single world.

It's like saying the Federation would fall if Tellar were lost or that starfleet would cease to exist in a generation if the academey were destroyed.

It's just something silly and "catchphrasey" about the whole non-sensical "in a decade their ozone will be depleted" line that makes me wince.

These guys have had FTL capabilities for how many hundreds of years? They cant just move their shit somewhere else in ten year's time?

They went waaaaay too far with the Soviet collapse comparison for the story to make snay sense after that.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can imagine Klingons being very emotionally attached to their homeworld. Moving somewhere else would be admitting defeat, or something else un-Klingon.

Besides, as the shows and movies imply time and time again, the Federation would be slightly fucked if Earth were to be destroyed. They'd carry on, but it would weaken them significantly. And that's for a body made up of many, many different aliends. If it were just humans, I'd imagine that Earth would be even more vital.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well... I enjoyed Nemisis. It wasn't an amazing movie going experience... but it was fun
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps