Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » $$ Sie kamen aus die Zukunft! $$ (Page 1)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: $$ Sie kamen aus die Zukunft! $$
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two S4 promos cropped up on TrekBBS today:

http://www.infuzionjewelrydesign.ca/nazipromo.wmv

http://members.cox.net/steve_t/ENT.avi

The second one is just a pointless general OMGWTF promo, with 1 second of Brent Spiner.

The first one is a bit weird.. it seems to have been edited very badly, with T'Pol's lines edited into one strangely Jamaican sounding sentence.

I won't waste more breath on how incredibly stupid and distasteful this whole Nazi-crap is, but I sincerely hope Manny Coto can move beyond the Braga-crap and get our people out of the burning wreck that is the Temporal War.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
omg it's Data.

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunatly, to quote Berman:
"The Nazis eill play a part in several episodes next season."

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Berman needs to speak a bit more clearly, methinks.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He was obviously torn between saying will and just launching into the full blown 'Heil Hitler' Nazi impression.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Uh...remind me again why exactly people have a problem with using Nazis as villains?

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
unoriginal, used before in two other series - or hey, there is nothing wrong with Communism, use that, lets make Stalin proud!

[ September 08, 2004, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: F.G. ]

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I say, let Buddhists be the new bad guys! Those fuckers get off easy.

Oh, and that view of the White House? Worst FX shot ever.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I say Mormons, if you wanna play the religion card.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They've made all of the USA the Republic of Deseret! Run for your lives!!!

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post 
The subject line should say "der Zukunft", as IIRC, after the preposition "aus", the Dativ mode is to follow...

(BTW, those videos were originally from The Daily Trekker...)

Looks to me like the video was captured from a VHS recording... not too much definition.

"Those are P-51s!" Yes, and those are Jagdtigers... I wonder what's the purpose of parking a couple tank hunters (which have an impressive 128mm cannon but very limited gun traverse) guarding what is supposed to be a very important building.

From the Achtung, Panzer! site:

quote:
Jagdtiger resembled King Tiger with the difference of having a superstructure instead of the turret and had much higher profile what made it a large target for the enemy.
quote:
Jagdtiger suffered from the same problems as Koenigstiger, because of its great weight and high fuel consumption (5 liters per 1km of road) that made it extremely slow. Jagdtiger's breakdown problem was never solved and many were abandoned or blown up by their crews to prevent them from being captured intact by the Allies.
quote:
Jagdtigers best tactical use was as a well camouflaged static defense pillbox allowing it to use its armament to its full potential.
quote:
Overall, from July of 1944 to April of 1945, only 85 Jagtigers were manufactured (out of 150 ordered) with known chassis numbers 305001 to 305077 or to 305088.
quote:
"When the assault guns were calibrated in Sennelager, we experienced our first failure. Despite its 82 tons, our Hunting Tiger didn't want to act like we wanted it to. Only its armor was satisfactory, its maneuverability left a lot to be desired. In addition, it was an assault gun. There was no traversing turret, just an enclosed armored housing. Any large traversing of the main gun had to be done by moving the entire vehicle. Because of that, transmission and steering differentials soon broke down. That such a monstrosity had to be constructed in the final phase of the war made no sense at all." - Otto Carius, "Tiger im Schlamm".
Definitely not the best choice. They should have placed a couple of K�nigstigers, or maybe a Maus or an E-100 there, which were heavy tanks, with rotating turrets... couldn't they get a model for any of them? And no Flak whatsoever?
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Because otherwise the entire premise is utterly plausible.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The misuse of tanks is only a minor nuisance compared to the complete impossibilty of Hitler invading the United States.

And if really want to nitpick, watch out for the German ranks and uniforms. I suspect they won't make much sense either.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But it's an alternate timeline. And he has help from aliens. From the future.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ADN THERE VAMPIIIRES!1!!!
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps