Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » $$ Sie kamen aus die Zukunft! $$ (Page 3)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: $$ Sie kamen aus die Zukunft! $$
machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by F.G.:
For the record, Sturmtigers were 'self propelled guns'...more specifically a modified Tiger I tank chassis with a mounted naval 380 mm RTg launcher. A mean fucker.

Damn, I meant to type Jagdtigers... of course, Sturmtigers were a different kind of beast. And produced in even smaller amounts.
machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Wraith:
quote:
Perhaps you're supposed to believe that this is an alternate timeline, in which (no doubt to the aliens' advice and behind-the-scenes assistance, who would have the hindsight of our modern historians and then some) the war proceeded in a different fashion than as we know. Perhaps Hitler never broke his nonagression pact with Stalin. Perhaps the Luftwaffe *was* successful in winning the Battle of Britain. And so on...
It really all depends on the level of technology the aliens give the Nazis. An invasion accross the Atlantic using 1940s technology would be nigh-on impossible I'd think. Not to mention the state of troops who's just spent however many days crossing an ocean. They'd hardly be in the best shape for mounting an invasion.

As for why the Nazis were used (again), it's simply because they're instantly recongnized by most people as being evil. It saves time as they don't have to do much to establish that the aliens are not nice. Just show them in a Nazi uniform.

Well, regarding a successful Sea Lion, most people over at s.h.w-i agree that it could only have happened with intervention of some ASBs (Alien Space Bats). The thing is, would even ASB intervention have been enough to allow an invasion of the U.S.?
These Nazi Aliens sure qualify as ASBs (they even have a somewhat vampiresque appearance, after all), but so far, the information that we have is that they're supposed to have helped the Nazis but in a way that the general public doesn't know of their existence. So, that wouldn't allow the use of any too advanced weaponry, shielding or possibly even vehicles/ships. Besides, they're stuck on that timeframe, right? Knowing how to build advanced tech isn't enough, you also need to have the proper means to do it. What could they have provided them with? Maybe replicators, to create more raw materials so they can build more of their own weapon designs? (but if they had replicators, they could have replicated other, more advanced stuff too... hmmm). Maybe just some matter transmuter (which wouldn't be as complicated and capable as a replicator)?
Of course, we can only speculate based on as little as we know, until we actually get to watch the episodes and see if there's an answer in them. But after all, that's where the fun is, in the speculation...

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I still think you're not thinking far enough outside of the box. What if Hitler posponed Sea Lion until he had further broken down British defenses in some other way? Suppose his strategy was completely different from any we know. (Strategic and tactical advisors is how I'm thinking of the aliens, to whom our human wars would seem primitive and easy to manipulate. They could certainly have steered him away from that nasty Russian invasion that cost him so much in the end.)

All I'm saying is that we shouldn't assume the same conditions/constrictions imposed on all the players in this alternate war as in ours. Changing a few of the basic "rules" would lead to far-reaching consequences. This is a big component of time travel.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It shouldn't be overly difficult to invade the US during WWII had things gone better for the Nazis. First off, the battle of Britian had to be won by the Nazis. There is really no way they could have gone around Britian all the time to stage an attack on the US. Britian would have to fall. The second thing that would have to be changed would be that Hitler should not have split his forces when they went after the resource rich Cacassus Mountains in Russia. He should have gone straight for those resources and forgotten about Moscow until later--- having secured Britian and those mountains it would have been nearly impossible for the Germans to have been pushed back from their gains--- again the only worries would have been an Allied beachhead in Africa or an easy method of supply from America directly to Russia where American forces could then be placed on that front [but would Stalin have allowed that?].

So with the Germans relatively secure, how could Hitler have turned his eyes toward America? Easy, IMO. Greenland had few if any American forces during WWII. Greenland was Denmark's until the war, and then Denmark handed it over to protect it. But I can't recall if the US stationed many forces there or not. Whether or not there were, I would think that a German landing force would be able to form a beachhead on Greenland and then eventually take over that island, with Greenland Germany would have had no problem with an eventual invasion of North America, whether that be thru Canada or not.

At the moment, I'm of the opinion that if Germany had won the Battle of Britian they would have won the war. It would have been incredibly difficult for the Allies to gain a beachhead and then push back Rommel like they did without Britian still being a free nation. Without that, Italy would have remained an unknown front in the war--- so both a western and southern advance would have not existed. As for the Russians, I don't think we could have put the amount of troops that we did in Britian into Russia. I'm not certain if Stalin would have allowed American forces, in those great numbers, to come in thru Russian ports and then fight on the eastern front. Without a western front, Hitler would have little problem with the Russians, especially as isolated as they would have probably been. I think Hitler would have found it easy to plan and attempt an attack on North America.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Britain".

Also, mounting an invasion of North America != mounting an invasion of the British isles.

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
wouldn't Hitler turn on the aliens? since theyre obviously not of the master race.. or can prove that he isn't
Try to google with these:

thule, haunebu, andromeda, vril

Enjoy the results! [Wink]

Or if you are too lazy to search for yourself - this page sums it up quite nicely:

http://theozfactor.nucleardays.com/naziufo2.htm

(Note that these crazy theories have been around for decades - it was only a matter of time before Berman and Braga would find out about the potential for a crappy Trek tie-in... [Roll Eyes] )

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The fuck?!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Pensive's Left testes for mayor...:
quote:
We ought to be more obsessed with Japan.
we are obsessed. or have you not seen Macross Zero lately? or Love Hina? Gundam SEED? Kitty Grade? Akira?
Oh yes, those are easily the most popular anime shows in America. Forget cute animals kicking the crap out of each other, or people standing around staring at each other for 20 minutes before they turn their hair golden...it's the magic of Kitty Grade that has the entire population glued to their TV sets.

Christ, I bet more Americans have heard of Hamtaro than Love Hina.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it okay if I've never heard of either?
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I sure hate Japan.
lennier1
Member # 1309

- posted      Profile for lennier1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Christ, I bet more Americans have heard of Hamtaro than Love Hina.
What do you expect from a country where even a moron like Schwarzenegger can gain political power? [Big Grin] It�s the same down here in Germany. Almost everyone knows "Pokeshit" (Pokemon) and "Digicrap" (Digimon). The crappier the anime show the more people know about it. Jewels like "Gunslinger Girl" won�t get much atterntion outside Japan unless they�re destroyed through the dubbing process (Somehow the Americans managed to have the best fansubbers in the world and to produce the worst commercial dubbings of all times at the same time!).

@Topic: Well, first of all I�m a German so I might have a biased POV. The new season is already called "Alien Nazis From Outer Space" among some fans around here. I still can�t believe B&B (Berman&Braga=B&B=german "bl�d&bl�der"=dumb&dumber=coincidence? *g*) could really be stupid enough to base a major plot on this crap which wouldn�t even be good enough for a B-movie.

BTW: The thread title isn�t that much incorrect. "Sie kamen aus der Zukunft!" = "They came from the future!".

--------------------
SFM Instructor

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh man, Pokeshit and Digicrap! Berman & Braga = Dumb & Dumber! Lennier1, never stop rocking! :rock:
lennier1
Member # 1309

- posted      Profile for lennier1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
I finally start to like this board. Seems a lot better than "Moronland" (TNZ at trekbbs) where you get the distinct feeling that th people out there don�t know anything which isn�t related to the US presidential election.

--------------------
SFM Instructor

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have actually used trekbbs?
Shame on YOU! [Wink]
BTW, I'm from Germany too.

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. It's like driving as fast as possible down the wrong lane of the freeway, and you don't even realize you're in a car.
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps