Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » $$ Sie kamen aus die Zukunft! $$ (Page 4)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: $$ Sie kamen aus die Zukunft! $$
J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm disappointed... I didn't hear a single critique of my speculation on Germany attacking North America during WWII---

Actually I'm not disappointed, I kinda expected less from what I got considering that I was expecting a bunch of "You're crazy" and "f you" type deals. So just a total digression into anime entertains me. How about Outlaw Star, Trigun, and Cowboy Bebop... good shows all. I hear there is an Outlaw Star 2, I'd like to see it. I'm trying to figure out Trigun, still I'm a little confused on the ending, I wonder if there's a sequel there. And I love Cowboy Bebop, but they kinda screwed that pooch if they were wanting to make more episodes.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cowboy Bebop is just fine as it is.

(But, I cannot be the only one thinking of this: prequel movie: How Jet And Spike Met Up And Bought The Bebop. OK, so you do not have half the cast, but I would watch it.)

machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by J:
I'm disappointed... I didn't hear a single critique of my speculation on Germany attacking North America during WWII---

Actually I'm not disappointed, I kinda expected less from what I got considering that I was expecting a bunch of "You're crazy" and "f you" type deals.

I've been kind of busy.

You're crazy. F.U.

There you go. [Wink]

(j/k)

machf
Member # 1233

quote:

BTW: The thread title isn�t that much incorrect. "Sie kamen aus der Zukunft!" = "They came from the future!".

I mentioned that, but did anyone listen? No, noone listens... I feel like Zathras from B5...

No, I'm not German, my grandfather was... German is my second language (that doesn't mean that English is the first, it's the third).

machf
Member # 1233

quote:
Originally posted by J:
It shouldn't be overly difficult to invade the US during WWII had things gone better for the Nazis. First off, the battle of Britian had to be won by the Nazis. There is really no way they could have gone around Britian all the time to stage an attack on the US. Britian would have to fall.

At the moment, I'm of the opinion that if Germany had won the Battle of Britian they would have won the war. It would have been incredibly difficult for the Allies to gain a beachhead and then push back Rommel like they did without Britian still being a free nation.

The problem is, defeating the RAF in the Battle of Britain (which might have happened) wouldn't be enough, there was still the RN (well, the Home Fleet part of it) which outnumbered the KM by something like 4:1, IIRC. Crossing the channel would still be very difficult, and once the invasion troops have disembarked, there's still the problem of supplying them across the channel. Not to mention the resistance they would find on the islands. The ASBs could help by sinking the Home Fleet (or by giving the Germans death rays to do it), but supposedly they're trying to keep a low profile...
Now, try to imagine those problems in an even larger scale.

machf
Member # 1233

Sorry, double post... please remove this one.
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
Wow. It's like driving as fast as possible down the wrong lane of the freeway, and you don't even realize you're in a car.

driving the family cow again, dear?

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hate you.
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ulTRS magDOS:
I hate you.

driving, not fucking. no Bestiality references for you!

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Mr. Turnbull
Member # 1323

- posted      Profile for Mr. Turnbull     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Pensive's Left testes for mayor...:
quote:
Originally posted by ulTRS magDOS:
I hate you.

driving, not fucking. no Bestiality references for you!
NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!

--------------------
My Favourite TV Quote:
Dr Cox to JD
"What are you saying? You want to be like me? I barely want to be like me."

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good Christ.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, if he were, he'd stop all this.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by lennier1:
Almost everyone knows "Pokeshit" (Pokemon) and "Digicrap" (Digimon).

Saying that Pokemon is shit compared to Cowboy Bebop is like saying that Justice League is crap when compared to Smallville.

Also, you are such a fanboy.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If Germany defeated the RAF the English Channel would be the German's to own. No amount of English naval power would be able to defeat German airpower. Remember, that too win the Battle of Britain, Germany would have to destroy the majority of the UK's air power--- including naval airpower [if they had any in the English Channel]. The next matter would be that without air support, any ship within the channel would be a sitting duck. On the same matter, German U-boats could protect the channel and allow a great deal of freedom for German operations between France and Britain.

Now the last matter of resistence, it wouldn't be too much of a concern to control the island, only to keep the UK from affecting Germany's future plans. If the UK has no airpower then they can be easily and repeatedly invaded, it doesn't matter if Germany makes any gains on the island, only that they begin to move around the island, cut it off from resupply. Destroy the UK's airpower, you cut off their one advantage to protect themselves. Slowly, with no airpower in Britain, Germany would be able to use U-boats and other vessels to cut off Britain from her supply ships, and the Royal Navy from their ports.

Doing that is enough to satisfy knocking Britain out of the war. For Germany to attack North America they do not need to stage their attack from the UK, France or Norway, or any other coast country will do--- it's more a matter of just clearing the way for a fleet of ships to go across the Atlantic and make a landing on Greenland to then launch an attack on North America--- Britain is in the way, but doesn't need to be put in submission for the plan to work.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Having neutralised the UK then (presumeably in 1940- early 1941), why would Germany then go on to invade the US? Unless the aliens persuaded them to, there would really be no reason. The two countries weren't at war and presumeably the Nazis would then turn their attention to their 'Lebensraum' in the East.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps