Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » $$ Sie kamen aus die Zukunft! $$ (Page 7)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: $$ Sie kamen aus die Zukunft! $$
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've never actually seen "Patterns of Force",but Spock in an SS uniform is a still pretty disturbing sight..

ENT has never really found it's way. The whole Xindi-arc suffered from the Delta Quadrant-syndrome: whatever happened in the Delphic Expanse had ZERO effect on the known Star Trek universe, since the whole Expanse was erased from history, and we're back to where we were at the end of season 2. Except that Archer is now a pessimistic angst-ridden captain, instead of an inept naive one.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Talk about the reset button syndrome...

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
the whole Expanse was erased from history, and we're back to where we were at the end of season 2. Except that Archer is now a pessimistic angst-ridden captain, instead of an inept naive one
Oh...I dont know about that: Enterprise has character development galore.
Voyager (as example) never changed any of their characters after second season (seven of breasts being the exception).

I think Archer will lighten up a bit after they get back to "their" earth but will be wiser and more well-rounded.

Though I'm a doe-eyed optimist.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(What I don't get: Germany winning World War II is, like, perhaps one of the most common of the Common Plots, which is itself a fine criticism, but, like, Brannon Braga invented the idea? Whatever you say. And anyway, someone should have told these aliens that they could have accomplished their goal just by not killing Edith Keeler.)
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While I avoid the "spoilers", I speculate that the aliens may not want outright victory for Germany but rather a prolonging of the war.
Possibly their invasion de-railed the Manhattan Project nad humanity never develops nuclear power, never has WWII nad never gets the visit from the Vulcans years later.

-as one of many possible motivations only.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if we hadn't developed the atom bomb, the Germans surely would have. Wasn't one of the big reasons the Manhattan Project got the go-ahead that they were making alarming headway with the concept? Didn't Albert Einstein send a letter warning of this progress to President Roosevelt as early as 1940? I seem to recall reading something like that.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

That was the underlying fear, but there's serious debate as to Germany's chances.
There were many factions competing for funding and Hitler's approval during the war would have gone to those that could yield quick results.

Plus, many of the top minds on the Manhattan Project would have been sent to their deaths under german rule.

Einstein's letter just gave the US military the kick in the ass it needed to proceed with what must have been considered (by many in the US military) as a waste of time and money.

From a story POV, Germany developing the bomb first may have led to nuclear anihilation years later- that humanity would not recover from.

Thus- the Aliens win! [Big Grin]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

lennier1
Member # 1309

- posted      Profile for lennier1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
@all: Sorry about the late reaponse. I�ve been pretty busy during the last weeks.

@Austin Powers: Greeting from Regensburg. I�ve only used trekbbs because of "Star Trek - Hidden Frontier" and to get some reference material for my CGI projects (I�m a scifi-meshes.com addict). And because some stupid threads in TNZ are funnier than a whole week of sitcoms (even if it�s not always intended). Actually I joined Flare a while ago because "The Reverend" is one of my favorite fan artists and I wanted a possibility to give him some feedback for his future projects. Threads like this one and the discussions in the flameboard section are the reason why I�ve started to use this board regularly.

quote:
And that's exactly the problem. They're using the Nazis as entertainment, while they should be used as in an historical perspective.
@Harry: That�s exactly the problem with these episodes.

quote:
Well, if we hadn't developed the atom bomb, the Germans surely would have.
@The Mighty Monkey of Mim: Does anyone still believe that shit? The plans for the German nuke were abandoned when the project was still in its early stage. The whole story of the ongoing research was only used for propaganda reasons.
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, it was abandoned because of the Telemach (not sure if this is right) commando raid which destroyed the Nazi stocks of heavy water (or something- it's been ages since I saw the program). And one of the reasons the Soviets were so determined to get to Berlin first and so ruthless in their advance was because of a desire to get their hands on German nuclear research. It's still highly unlikely that the Third Reich could have developed a nuke without significant additional resources (aliens!!)

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Depends on who you are, but the spelling I've seen is "Telemark" - I'm sure it is just the Americanized version of it.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Creator speaks.

Nazis are "wacky", "fun" and "entertaining".

And for the record, Season Three is not Shakespeare. It's just a rather drawn out story with a predictive ending (the ugly aliens are evil, wake me up when Earth is saved and we can get back to business).

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"And for the record, Season Three is not Shakespeare. It's just a rather drawn out story with a predictive ending..."

There are those who would say the same of Shakespeare...

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

There are a lot who say the same about life itself.

--------------------

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, this is getting deeply philisophical. On which note, I'm now off to university so may not be around for a week or so. Have fun!

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

quote:
Originally posted by Wraith:
Well, this is getting deeply philisophical.

You're right. Let's get back to those wacky Nazis! OMGLOL!

--------------------

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps