Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » What will we NOT see (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: What will we NOT see
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You may have something there, General.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, wouldn't want those costumes to go to waste, now would we?

--------------------
Meh

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope the costumes used will not be those seen in the later series and films. They don't have to be TOS, but they should be different.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

- posted      Profile for Obese Penguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They are going to use Jump Suit Type Uniforms , they went over that already.

I know you were hoping for maybe retro bell bottom pants and a tie die shirt but they couldnt get the pattern on the shirt right and they could only get bell bottoms from Old Navy and Old Navy is not Canon to the Star Trek Universe.

--------------------
My Mother never found the irony in calling me a son of a bitch

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

I was speaking of the hypothetical Romulan uniforms that the General and I were discussing.

But thanks for the stab in the heart anyways, Doc.

--------------------

Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

- posted      Profile for Obese Penguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your Very Welcome Sir

Maybe the Romulans will wear Polyester Leasure Suits and the Vulcans could wear clothes from the President Nixon Collection

Yes Now I'm being Silly , but I think I'm allowed one of two of these kinds of posts

--------------------
My Mother never found the irony in calling me a son of a bitch

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From talking to some friends about Enterprise, they tell me that the Romulans are NOT going to be in this series. In fact, it will be heavily described that it is the War with the Suliban that is to create the basis for the birth of the Federation. Not the Romulan War.

In fact, the Romulans are not to be seen (or heard of) at all.

I know that this may be BS, but with the producers' disdain for satisfactory continuity, that may be a problem.

They also make mention that while the Klingons are going to be in there, so will the Ferengi. The FERENGI? Jeez. The moment my friend told me this, I just wanted to bash my head flat.

An Interesting Tidbit though. In the first season finale, a reference to the Borg is supposed to be made as outlying colonies are under attack by a craft of unknown design. In fact, this is supposed to be the Galileo spacecraft assimilated by what would be known later as the Borg.

My friend is trying to dig up the sources right now, but he will be leaving on vacation soon, so I might not be able to.

Rest in Peace, Continuity, it was nice knowing ya.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Almost certianly rubbish. For one thing, I doubt they've got anywhere near writing the season finale, especially since the first episode hasn't even aired.

Second, what would be the point? They can't actually have the Borg in it, so forshadowing them makes little dramatic sense.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eric: Do your friends have any connection whatsoever to Paramount, or the people working on ENT? If this stuff had been officially released, we'd all know about it. Sounds more like some fan-created rumor that was read on the 'net...
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

To Doc Obvious:

Your just lucky you slathered that post with these things:

--------------------

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TSN: Damned if I or they know. As far as I know, with them and their continuity-busting plot machine, anything can be possible.

My friend informs me he got it from a sci-fi newsgroup he subscribes to. So there is the possibility that it IS Fan created, but like I said, with Braga at the helm, anything is possible.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post 
I believe your "friends" were providing you with "recycled" information. In the first season finale of TNG, "The Neutral Zone," reference of the Borg are made by saying Romulan and Federation colonies were disappearing. The two stories are very similar.

--------------------
Meh

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The newsgroups, eh? A regular New York Times they are, yes...

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.