Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Berlinghoff Rasmussen (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Berlinghoff Rasmussen
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He was really from the 22nd century wasn't he - the 21 hundreds?

It'd be interesting to see him in an Enterprise episode. He had a pretty nasty streak.

The timepod he stole was from the 26th century - maybe the guy he stole it off was involved in the Temporal Cold War!?!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For some reason, this idea is quite interesting to me.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS

Unfortunately, with the wrap up of the TCW this season, it seems unlikely that they'll revisit the idea enough to make the connection.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The voice and manners of Berlinghoff Rasmussen was one of the most smug and annoying I've heard on television yet. Almost worse than Khamal Khan in Octopussy.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's just Matt Frewer. He has a knack for that sort of thing.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Probably the exact reason he got the MAX HEADROOM gig.

B.J.

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been thinking of a Rasmussen episode from the begining. Seems kinda doubtful though.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any ideas on how it would work?

Temporal Agents from the 26th Century dump him back in the 22nd century. Knowing this was about to happen - researched events that he might not normally have known about for the 22nd century - got on to the NX Enterprise and started toying with them - all with the express purpose of getting back to the future? Like the 26th century to aquire a new time pod?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why don't we just have the episode go with how the whole situation got started in the first place. An out-of-his-luck Rasmussen (that hasn't gone through time) meets up with the 26th century traveller and takes his timepod.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post 
That would do it. Is FG supposed to be from the 26th century? Or any of the other factions we've heard of?

The crew could be after the time traveler, maybe get some information from Rasmussen (who doesn't know first what's going on), in the end when Archer and co. think the traveler has managed to escape them, they find him unconscious, and no trace of his timepod... something should hint at what has happened, like Rasmussen expressing a remark like "if I had a chance to actually making a historically significant breakthrough/discovery" os somesuch...

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mabye introduce a rogue time traveler that screws with the NX-01 crew, gets a bit toasted by Enterprise's weapons while escaping and- in the episode's final scene, runs into Rasmussen just as he finishes repairs on his timepod...

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TPTB would never do something where Rasmussen shows up right at the end and leaves the audience hanging because what about all those people watching Enterprise that have never seen TNG!? We can't have any serious cross-series stuff happening that will disenfranchise the casual Trek fan, now can we?

That said, they might do something where he's in most of the episode liek they're doing with *cough* a certain TNG character's ancestor this season.

machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post 
Rasmussen should show up early in the episode, and often, and in the end, after finding the traveler and no signs of his timepod, someone should realize that Rasmussen has vanished too. Those who have seen the TNG episode will know the reference, those who haven't will be left thinking "well, they got their guy, but that other guy outsmarted them all, ha ha".

(Or a much simpler thing would be to show on any episode when they are back on Earth an ad saying "Berlinghoff Rasmussen, wanted for fraud".)

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's been a while since I saw that ep. Did they confirm that that was the guy's real name?
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

As I recall, they never did an historical search or anything, as they didn't know he was from the past until end of the ep. But that's always what he called himself. He did say his clothes belonged to the time pod's former owner, though.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps you could have a jokey little ending where the time traveller IS Future Guy, who makes a daring last-minute escape, cackling evilly as he taunts Archer & Co, saying "You'll never get me!" and "I shall return, mark my words!" and things of that ilk. Then before he can be stopped he flees through time and space - not very far, just far enough to be away from their clutches - before stopping to take his bearings, assess his situation etc. Then along comes BR. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps