Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » $"Home"$ ruminations

Author Topic: $"Home"$ ruminations
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I agree, they didn't even need Storm Front 1 and 2. Thanks to Braga they had to waste two episodes cause he thought he was being clever.

Interesting beginning, but, I wish they'd pull these things off when it doesn't look fake. The crowd and the 'digitised set' in the stadium made it feel like I was watching a video from Wing Commander 3 or something!

Vulcan looks good, incorporates TAS and TMP and the Director's cut effects and the Surface scenes of Vulcan seen in one of the Calendars.

Again, when Trip and T'Pol are looking at the lava fields - was a bit... digitise-y. Like, noticably so.

I liked the inside of the Vulcan house, I thought the outside looked very Human - somehow I picture them living more in Rock than wooden houses - but I guess they were trying to tie in the designs of the P'Jem monastery.

NICE, VERY NICE continuity touches... "The Andorian Incident" was like the 7th episode and it still has far-reaching consequences.

Nice to see the Columbia. Did anyone notice they didn't give the Captain a name!?! When did Archer like rock-climbing? I know it's a convenient way to get away from things.

Poor Dr. Phlox. He seems the most enlightened of nearly all of them! [Big Grin] More continuity with the egg-drop soup!

The Ring-ship is on the wall again. This time I noticed it's different to the TMP version - they've used the sketches of the ship done my Matt Jeffries! Some other ships too.

What was that floating ship above the stadium at the start? It looked sort of like the orbital-plane ship from the opening credits.

This episode of course, felt more like a season opener - and it was a good one at that. Can't wait to see new episodes.

Guest stars - Jack Donner - wasn't he "Tal" from "The Enterprise Incident"? Was he the Wedding 'celebrant'. Did they also use the same wedding 'dialogue' as used in - err did it even happen - in "Amok Time"?

Rigellians are on Earth - or were they always there and it was a "different Rigel" the Enterprise visited in "Broken Bow".

Didn't like the 'Earth seal' used on Archer's podium... They cut off half of Australia. (And Alaska for others who care) and there is no New Zealand. (We know it exists! [Big Grin] see "Caretaker" VOY

Also a mention of the planet from "Strange New World".

Good episode.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't Archer mention having an arguement with a Capt. Jeffries from the NX-Class design?

Let's see vidcaps!!!

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We've done most of this. [Smile]

http://flare.solareclipse.net/ultimatebb.php/topic/6/2479.html

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Columbia's captain is Erika Hernandez.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering if I'd imagined that they never mentioned her name. I thought maybe they'd said it one time at the beginning and I missed it.
machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Didn't like the 'Earth seal' used on Archer's podium... They cut off half of Australia. (And Alaska for others who care) and there is no New Zealand. (We know it exists! [Big Grin] see "Caretaker" VOY

Maybe by then New Zealand is undersea, enclosed under a glass dome, and that's why they use it as a rehab colony? [Wink]
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was going to start a new thread about this, but since this one is still so close to the top, I'll just resurrect.

I'm just finally getting to see the first several episodes of the season and there's something that I don't understand. Archer and company stopped Vosk which realligned the timeline, right? But wasn't the whole Expanse and the Xindi attack *part* of the Temporal Cold War? Daniels said that history had no record of Enterprise's mission in the Expanse, so it must have been a change brought about by the TCW. The Sphere Builders were from the future and came back to try and get the Xindi to wipe out humanity, right?

So if the Temporal Cold War has been prevented by stopping Vosk, why do people still remember Enterprise's mission to the Expanse and why did the Xindi attack on Earth still happen?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The TCW caused the expance to be created, but wasn't a direct part of it.

Anybody else think the contrails of the vulcan patrol planes was a nice touch?

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
I was going to start a new thread about this, but since this one is still so close to the top, I'll just resurrect.

I'm just finally getting to see the first several episodes of the season and there's something that I don't understand. Archer and company stopped Vosk which realligned the timeline, right? But wasn't the whole Expanse and the Xindi attack *part* of the Temporal Cold War? Daniels said that history had no record of Enterprise's mission in the Expanse, so it must have been a change brought about by the TCW. The Sphere Builders were from the future and came back to try and get the Xindi to wipe out humanity, right?

So if the Temporal Cold War has been prevented by stopping Vosk, why do people still remember Enterprise's mission to the Expanse and why did the Xindi attack on Earth still happen?

The Temporal Cold War was not "prevented." Its acceleration into the all-out, full-blown conflict that culminated in the Battle of Procyon V (as we saw in "Azati Prime") was prevented. Everything we've seen happen in "real time" on ENT still has happened.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So then one might say that the TCW has always been going on and always will be going on as temporal agents of various factions change and unchange history, possibly traveling to different time periods in an attempt to reconfigure things.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Sure, one might say that.

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps