Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » No More Orchestra? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: No More Orchestra?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stargate has great scores. Brilliant sets too! That show has the best sets on TV (now that DS9 has gone).

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, SG1 did have more than a few standout scores. The Nox theme from, erh, The Nox, The Asgard theme from The Fifth Race, Apophis's death theme from The Serpent's Song, the Ancient theme from Maternal Instinct and Meridian, and especially Teal'c's sweeping orchestral theme from Redemption (which was very reminiscent of Vader's funeral piece in Jedi, thinking about it)... and all Trek ever produced for the small screen during its 35-year run that was even remotely memorable was that droning BoBW muzak. Pleh, I say.

[ December 01, 2004, 09:03 AM: Message edited by: Cartman ]

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are a couple of othe moments that stick in my mind with regards to Trek music. Not many, and two of them are from Call To Arms. One, the music playing when the Dominion/Cardie fleet is approaching the station (and gets played again when they board the station). Also, the music that plays when we see the Federation fleet at the end. Although that's possibly because I rewound and watched that scene at least 5,000 times. I am a nerd.

The other one is from, er, "For the Uniform" I think, when Sisko vows to take the Defiant out even though it's crippled. The first shot of the Defiant has this lovely horn piece, and throughout the rest of the scene (which is all manual and relaying orders and cool and stuff), the music continues to feel...different from normal. It's goes all the way up until the ship goes to warp, and is very good.

(I also like the music played during the Enterprise pilot as the ship launches for the first time. The end credits thing. Was that every going to be the actual man theme?)

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The man theme?

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Something played on the man train to get you in the mood. B)
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The first appearance of the Borg in "BoBW 1."

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've liked Enterprise's music so far. There have been times I've felt like I was watching a movie
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, there have been some good music moments in Enterprise so far. Mainly in Season 3 I think. I did mention the other week for "The Forge" the nice harp-motif which was very reminiscent of TOS when Soval melded with the injured security guy.

DS9 has had the best of the Trek musics though. (although things like "The Inner Light" and "Lessons" were great). I loved the piano theme/motif from "Equilibrium". I think I got to ask Jay Chattaway if he would include that in an album of his scores - but I think he said 'no' [Frown] It was very haunting.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jay Chattaway is haunting to speak to?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.