Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » $$Kir-Shara$$ - non-tech-talk (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: $$Kir-Shara$$ - non-tech-talk
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Never mind that the sensor-screwing nebula in BOBW only seemed to affect the Borgs sensors.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
Does it, though?

I can only find Romulan, Cardassian and Klingon HCs in the scripts.

Yes, it was mentioned in Voyager.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
Never mind that the sensor-screwing nebula in BOBW only seemed to affect the Borgs sensors.

I don't think we have enough information to make that assumption. In BOBW, the Enterprise wasn't trying to target the borg ship, the borg ship was outside, in the clear (easier to look out, then look in?), and the Borg ship was firign torpedoes, which wouldn't take much triangulation to see where they come from.. especially when the borg ship wasn't trying to hide.

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TheWoozle:
In BOBW, the Enterprise wasn't trying to target the borg ship, the borg ship was outside, in the clear (easier to look out, then look in?), and the Borg ship was firign torpedoes,

I don't count the torpedoes firing thing, since they didn't start doing that until just before the Enterprise leaves.

I suppose the nebula COULD have been easier to look out than look in, but it seems a bit weird. If someone is covered in fog, it's just as hard for them to see someone standing 50 metres away in the clear as it is for that person to see the guy in the fog. The nebula would have to act like some weird one-way glass. And we're not talking about this, because it is:

1/ Nerdy
2/ Tech talk in the wrong forum, and
3/ Not related to the topic at all.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That last scene was weird. One minute V'Las seems to be talking to the Romulan very much as if he is a Vulcan, annoyed with what he perceives as his allies' failings; then he's almost acting as if subordinate to the Romulan, and expecting to be extracted from his role to boot. Does V'Las expect to defect to Romulus to avoid going to jail for the embassy bombing, or because he is really a Romulan and wants to go home?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got the impression V'Las was Romulan, although I guess there's no real evidence of that.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It'd be interesting if they brought that character back. V'Lass I mean.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, because he was such an interesting three-dimensional character.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sure he was: a obviously bloodthirsty Vulcan that yells and throws tantrums...and yet no one questions his behavior.

Most Vulcans are sheep aparently.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, hey, they said he had a unique talent to govern...

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What I meant by bringing back his character - was continuing this arc - i.e. I hope he is at least mentioned when this Romulan involement starts cropping up.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
seems to me, that Vulcan/Romulan intrigue would be a natural for the rest of the season and for the next century. In fact, before BALLANCE OF TERROR, there really is no way to tell if a Vulcan ship near the Neutral Zone is actually a Romulan Spy.. or even suspect it. the Romulans signing the peace treaty without visuals really makes sense.

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Romulans probably did not want the Vulcans knowing about them as opposed to keeping secrets from the pinkskins.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps