Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » screen cap from "Daedalus"

Author Topic: screen cap from "Daedalus"
Irishman
Member # 1188

- posted      Profile for Irishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can anyone help me? I'm trying to find a HD screen cap from the most recent "Enterprise" episode, "Daedalus". It's the ship "Sarajevo" that brings Emory Erickson to the Enterprise at the beginning.

Thanks.

--------------------
This is just fun...it's not life...keep this in mind and we'll all enjoy it much more

Wee Bairns
Member # 1324

- posted      Profile for Wee Bairns     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The best one I've seen thus far seems to be HERE.

--------------------
Visit the Clive Cussler Forum at http://clivecusslerforum.com/

Irishman
Member # 1188

- posted      Profile for Irishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
much thanks....that's exactly what I needed. [Smile]

--------------------
This is just fun...it's not life...keep this in mind and we'll all enjoy it much more

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another Earth ship with no class name? Is it a Star Fleet ship? (I haven't seen the ep)
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Presumably, it's Starfleet. And yes, no class name.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It looks too advanced! It looks like something off the Sovereign Class Starship!

Maybe it was bought off another species/government. I don't see it being an improbable thing, especially if humans were so desperate to go exploring and the Vulcan High Command were holding them back.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The bottom has the typical planetary scensor on it though (but I guess Starfleet could have copied that...)
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or added it in a refit?

--------------------

Irishman
Member # 1188

I don't know what would really constitute "too advanced", don't you mean "too alien"? I mean, if it's an earth ship, then it's a tip of the hat to some alien design, or maybe an alien designer worked with an earth team to create it. There are no visible warp nacelles, so it must be an intrasystem transport of some kind. On the other hand, if it's alien, then it was named "Sarajevo" because the name had some meaning to the aliens who built it. Or it was an alien design and sold (given? traded?) to SF?

--------------------

Wee Bairns
Member # 1324

- posted      Profile for Wee Bairns     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why can't it simply be a Terran design, with no help from other species.? It's been said in the past that Earth starship design is too 'cookie'cutter'. This design is different from what we're used to seeing, yes, but that doesn't mean we bought it secondhand from Qualor.
Or maybe we did. I'd like to think we will, as a people, have a pretty good team of designers that can come up with something a little diferent than 'two nacelles, primary and secondary hulls.'

--------------------

Irishman
Member # 1188

Wee Bairns,

I agree with your frustration. Looking at the pics of this ship, both from "Daedalus" and "Storm Front", it strikes me as having some Vulcan influence. I don't know if that's intentional.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

quote:
Originally posted by Irishman:
I don't know what would really constitute "too advanced", don't you mean "too alien"?

Well, as I mentioned - too much like something you'd see in the 24th century... rather Sovereign Class Starship-like.

--------------------

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It could be that we see civilian aesthetics at play here. This might be a typical Terran civilian yacht, here simply in Starfleet colors for the occasional liaison needs of the organization. The only "military" feature in evidence is the sensor dome, which could be a Starfleet retrofit to allow the yacht to fill a command function of some sort.

We lack civilian reference from most of the Trek eras. In TOS, we did see the space cruiser Aurora (a remade Tholian shape), but that was pretty much it... One would assume that civilian vessels in general would be aesthetically much more "advanced" than their military counterparts - and perhaps also technologically so.

Timo Saloniemi

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Like a luxury yacht compared to a military vessel?

--------------------

Wee Bairns
Member # 1324

quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Like a luxury yacht compared to a military vessel?

Exactly. A Carnival cruise ship looks nothing like a military aircraft carrier. Both built for the open seas, both looking nothing alike.

--------------------

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.