Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » $Daedelus - Non Tech Talk$

Author Topic: $Daedelus - Non Tech Talk$
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well yes, a very quiet episode. Not much to say actually.

Why did Eriksson (sounds Swedish) say that the transporter "changed starfleet" - what about the rest of Earth and it's colonies?

I didn't like the camera work at the end with the 'zooming in to the actor' bit in the 'tense moments'. And the handy-cam look. I could stand the handy-cam effect but NOT the overly-dramatic zoom in. Quiet cheesy. Who directed this episode?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally written at www.triphammered.com :
Should have known David Straiton was the director, from the strange angles to the bizarre jump-zooms. He's not a great cinematographer; why do they keep inviting him back?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, that comment about transporters changing Starfleet made no sense. In three years aboard one ship they still only use it when there's no other choice.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was he talking about the current transporter, or his theoretical quantum transporter? If the former, then yeah, that didn't make much sense. If the latter, then he means that there won't be much need for many ships.

Of course, even if he did say the former, it may just be his fondness for his invention is coloring his perception of things.

B.J.

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure that even though we don't see it frequently, the transporter is likely used for non-bio transport all the time. Supply restock for example, it would be alot quicker to beam things into the ship than have to make shuttle runs. I'd venture that even if the ship doesn't, bases probably have larger cargo transporters that would beam things directly into Enterprise's cargo bays.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ahhh but he was talking about his original transporter... so if he was boasting - why stop at Starfleet and why not say "it changed humanity/Earth" - is it because they wanted to say "The Federation" - but they can't so just changed it to Starfleet as if it was interchangable!?!

Those "jump-zooms" were just CHEESE-Y!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.