Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Remaining Season Four Destinations (Spoilers) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Remaining Season Four Destinations (Spoilers)
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Elsewhere I've seen detailed analyses of "Trials and Tribble-ations" by members of the prop/costume/replicas community, harping on about all the details that were wrong in the episode. If I were the set designer working on this upcoming ep, I'd probably just think "Why bother trying too hard? No matter how close I get it, there'll still be someone who finds fault. . ."

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Wee Bairns
Member # 1324

- posted      Profile for Wee Bairns     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by FawnDoo:
[ - for an episode that is trying to take a darker tone I think the disparity between the NX-01's advanced sets and the relative simplicity of the Defiant would be too jarring...

It's also possible that we'll see the Defiant a while after Mirror-Archer has it, including modifications he would have had to make in order to run the ship. Unless his crew figured out every system in every way and used it as is. Which I don't expect.
A bunch of "greeblies" on the consoles would cover up the 'retro' look of the original series and logically explain why Archer can run an advanced ship.
And at the very least he'll paint a Sword 'n Earth decal on the doors.

--------------------
Visit the Clive Cussler Forum at http://clivecusslerforum.com/

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TOS era technology is more difficult to figure out than TNG era technology? It seemed like anyone and everyone, regardless of their tech level and ability, was able to flawlessly access any Enterprise-D or other 24th century systems.

Even 22nd Century thief Berlinghoff Rasmussen was able to figure out that time machine.

Wee Bairns
Member # 1324

- posted      Profile for Wee Bairns     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I'm grasping at straws here!

--------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And at the very least he'll paint a Sword 'n Earth decal on the doors.
And the kicker - he'll rename the ship "Enterprise", and the newish starship will remain in Imperial service over a century later, thus explaining why Evil Kirk and his Evil Crew have a ship that's basically identical to the REAL TOS Enterprise, despite having over two centuries' divergence.

Dun dun DUN..!

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Wee Bairns
Member # 1324

You just blew my mind.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They don't really have to update the sets at all. Leave them like they were in TOS and have someone make an offhand comment about how minimalist things are apparently going to be in the future.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think they can get away with reproducing the old sets and still make them look viable. It all hinges on the lighting and computer displays really.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
More rumours.

It seems like they're going to build a whole range of TOS sets! The cynical part of me says it's a bad idea to make Star Trek into fanboy mayhem, but damn, this is sounds like so much fun!

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh sure, so the Mirror-universe counterpart to the NX-class gets a prefix...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's possible that the mirror universe prefix is inspired by the Defiant. They saw the "USS" and liked it, but thought it sounded too much like "Us! All Together! Love!". That's bad, so they made it "Iss", which sounds like a snake hiss. And if there's a more evil animal than a snake, I don't want to know.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Elsewhere I've seen detailed analyses of "Trials and Tribble-ations" by members of the prop/costume/replicas community, harping on about all the details that were wrong in the episode. If I were the set designer working on this upcoming ep, I'd probably just think "Why bother trying too hard? No matter how close I get it, there'll still be someone who finds fault. . ."

Although I hate stuff like this, do you know the site(s)? I want to see some nerd scream about the fact that Jein's Enterprise model looked better but SLIGHTLY INACCURATE when compared to the original.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We've got some hints coming in now about what's very likely Enterprise's final destination:

http://www.trektoday.com/news/250105_05.shtml

Could be an attractor, that's for sure. My only question (and possibly hope) is whether or not we'll see their shiny new starship. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I wonder how the issue of where the weapons on a TOS Constitution are and what they look like will be handled. Not that they've gone crazy-go-nuts about making sure Enterprise's weapons are always coming from the right place, but they're usually coming from somewhere near the right area.

Secondly, I sure hope this intrusion from the 24th century episode isn't meant to act as a series finale, because filling up screentime with one-off guest stars doesn't sound like a good way to give Enterprise's characters a satisfying ending.

"How do our characters feel about the end of their voyage? Who cares! Look, a couple of people from a Star Trek people bothered to watch!"

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

I dunno - this could be the compromise for not getting Shatner. Also, if we ARE to have this be the series finale (and the shelving of Trek for the forseeable future), there might be a certain piquancy to having the "firstest" and "lastest" crews interacting a bit.

Mark

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps