Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » R.I.P. Star Trek: Enterprise (Page 2)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  9  10  11   
Author Topic: R.I.P. Star Trek: Enterprise
Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They haven't even given this season a chance. F**k
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only real shame I can see here is that we have mediocre-to-good shows like Enterprise that get cancelled, and yet other sci-fi shows like Andromeda can be absolute dreck and still survive longer.

I'm still sad it's gone, though I grudgingly agree it's time for a break. Damn networks.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Bones McCoy
Member # 1480

- posted      Profile for Bones McCoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wish the cast and crew all the best. They'll live forever on DVD.

--------------------
"Brave men are vertebrates: they have their softness on the outside, and their toughness in the middle"
-Lewis Carrol

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I implore everyone to do what they can. Even if you don't love Enterprise, if you want a future for Star Trek. Get your friends to write too.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, well. It's a pity, given some of the promise they've shown over the last season and a half - but that's a case of too little, too late. And as for "give this season a chance" - we're halfway in, and the ratings still suck. If you cancel a show after only half a season, then fans have a right to complain. . . but after three and a half seasons?

I doubt the show will be saved. Best we can hope for is that after a year or two, if we keep reminding TPTB that us Trekkies are out here, they'll finallly give us some new Trek that's worth watching - from the start, not after heavy retooling, adding marines and losing the main female character's clothes!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ya know what? I wish it would move to CBS. Just look at JAG.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

I too doubt that it can be saved, but I think people should try anyway. At the very least it will be a reminder to them that we are out here.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It's no coincidence that the last heavily-watched Trek was DS9
I'm skeptical about this claim, or at least want some clarification of what we mean by "heavily-watched."

At least this leaves a little time to come up with a proper finale.

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Although I think Enterpise seasons 1 and 2 were nothing more than Voyager seasons 8 and 9, the show did become a worthy Trek show. But I also have to agree to some of the above posters. The question is not "does this show deserve to be saved?" but "do these Star Trek fans deserve to get more Star Trek?". I have seen the reactions to the cancellation of Farscape and B5's Crusade and Andromeda. Even if the show is not that good (meaning a constant high level of quality) the fans support it. Even if there are not as many fans, not as much publicity and the show is not that well known.

And when I see those who call themselves Star Trek fans who scream and pray for the cancellation of Enterprise, I can only shake my head in astonishment. How stupid are these people? Do they - do you really think that Paramount will commission the next Star Trek series this fall? Or that there will be ever another series or movie after Star Trek got its "needed break"? Enterprise is dead, and we may never see another new minute of Star Trek on film, and I ask: is it that what you wanted?

Neither Star Trek nor Enterprise will ever return - nor do they deserve to return - as long as there are so many "fans" who are obviously just sick and tired of this franchise. Sorry guys. We could change things. But Star Trek have probably just become to old and lazy to really do something or care for it anymore. We haven't seen a single year without new Trek in nearly 20 years and we may have forgotten that it will not continue like this forever. I guess sooner or later we will realize it. I just hope it wont be too late.

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fuck. This day just keeps getting worse...

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is some hyperbole in this thread.
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ugh.

I didn't think Seasons 1 & 2 were anything to write home about. They weren't bad, but they weren't good. The Temporal Cold War episodes, taken individually, were (IMHO) probably the best from back then, even though I had a hunch that the arc as a whole would ultimately let me down.

Season 3 got me really interested in Star Trek again. For the first time since Deep Space Nine's final season, I made absolutely sure I was tuned in every week.

Season 4 is what Seasons 1 and 2 should have been, if somewhat overboard with the TOS references. Sure, it started out with the "Storm Front" two-parter, which not only stunk of it's own accord but ultimately validated the previously stated hunch about the Temporal Cold War arc, but every episode since then has been at least okay.

I salute you, Enterprise. Perhaps not the greatest show on TV. Perhaps not even the greatest sci-fi show on TV. But it did manage to eventually reignite my passion for Trek after four years, so here's to hoping it gets a decent finale.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love this show. With Futurama gone and now this, I have no reason to watch TV anymore.

--------------------
The Legend of Jeff Raven: As told by himself

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Cpt. Kyle Amasov:
And when I see those who call themselves Star Trek fans who scream and pray for the cancellation of Enterprise, I can only shake my head in astonishment. How stupid are these people? Do they - do you really think that Paramount will commission the next Star Trek series this fall? Or that there will be ever another series or movie after Star Trek got its "needed break"? Enterprise is dead, and we may never see another new minute of Star Trek on film, and I ask: is it that what you wanted?

I've got two words for you: "Star Wars". And two more: "Battlestar Galactica". And another: "Firefly". And probably more that I haven't thought of yet.

If people want to bring back "Star Trek" in the future, they will. The simple fact is that "Star Trek" has been continuously on the air for the past 18 years. The only other shows that have that kind of longevity are soap operas, and they've all long since crossed into the realm of endless rehashes.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to give "Star Trek" a rest. I'm not addicted to a constant stream of new shows; sure, I'll miss "Enterprise", but crappy "Trek" is IMO far worse than no "Trek" at all.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dr. Who being another example. True, there aren't any television shows in production, but we've had at least one TV movie and reports are of another movie in the works.
  This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  9  10  11   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps