Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » R.I.P. Star Trek: Enterprise (Page 4)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  9  10  11   
Author Topic: R.I.P. Star Trek: Enterprise
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well we've all gone over THAT in detail - and who does it point to... Branon Braga and Rick Berman.

I have a feeling they new that ENT was going to end a while back when it was confirmed that those two were going to write the final episode.

The comment made that Enterprise may have had some good episodes could be laid down on Voyager in spades, sure it had some FANTASTIC episodes but the amount of crud could fill 3 seasons. Connection: B&B.

NOW Enterprise has effectivally got rid of their meddeling hands - and the show has blossomed, but now that blossom has been picked from the tree prematurely. B&B being the poison attacking it's roots! [Big Grin]

DS9 ended - Trek ended - someone said - yes well again it points to Berman and Braga. Insurrection and Nemesis (especially) were crud, Berman and Braga.

Move Enterprise - put it in syndication - just get rid of B&B - well at least Braga and let Cotto work his magic!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know it's nitpicking, but surely popular writer of "Best of Both Worlds" and fan-favourite Michael Pillar should be blamed for "Insurrection"?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Season 3. Xindi story arc. Worst Trek Ever.
Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps I should say something like "Thank you, god!", but that would be coming little overboard. [Smile]

So, yes, I don't like Enterprise. With first two seasons being like Voyager season 8 and 9 (to borrow this fitting comparison) when the whole reason for doing a prequel was to tell some new, different stories, with season three being "Search for Xindi", season four, while consituting a tremendous improvement, was simply not enough.

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
(well, okay, the whole Defiant thing is cool, but it's also pure unadulturated fanwank).

I WANT TO BE WANKED LIKE THAT

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just have to say that it's laughable that this thread even exists. This show will not rest, there will never be any peace about it... it will forever haunt trek fans, both the fanatics and casual viewers alike. No one will know how to treat it, and each person's view will shift like windblown sand or snow.

We don't know if this will mark the end of the franchise or just a hibernation. With the rise of other franchise operations like Stargate, with a growing fanbase--- how can Trek survive when it's fanbase has been shrinking since DS9 ended [technically as I understand it, Trek has been a dying enterprise (no pun) since long before that if you measure it by fanbase].

No, it looks highly likely that Trek has become the bloated crack model that no one cares about anymore-- ready to toss it away for a new model that's not quite as dead. Trek has simply been run too far into the ground. Perhaps, in a long time... when Trek has passed through a few hands that will simply take it for the licensing money they can get, someone will grab a hold of it with a creative mind that honors what Trek should be.

I'll end with a simple message that I've wanted to say for a while:

I Told You So.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I liked T'Pol.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well - I'm sorry to see it go. I rather enjoyed the series.

Doubt there will be much Trek to talk about after this one ..

--------------------
o::{====> Alshrim Dax <====}::o

~ Cry Havoc - and let slip the dogs of war!

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought UPN and Paramount missed the boat after Star Trek 6. With UPN launching and having a propsoed Movie of the Week concept (remember the short lived scifi movies they did?), Paramount could have easily done Captain Sulu adventures with movies of the week during the spring and fall sweeps.

Perhaps they can do something like that now. While not producing regular episodes, and no major motion pictures in the works, the opportunity exists to do a couple of TV movies of the weekis would keep Trek alive in some format without the expenditures a new series would require.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wrath of ye gods, it the return of the TV movies and the Captain Sulu series. Both ideas have been around seemingly forever, and neither one is really that good an idea.

The TV movies would have to end up being action flicks since character development in two hours is tricky at best and character development in Star Trek is near impossible in two hours. To justify the costs of the sets, props, and effects, you'd pretty much have to make it as action-packed as possible to draw in the most amount of people to justify the money poured into it.

The Captain Sulu series idea is bad just because Sulu isn't that great a character and the series would likely turn into The Next Generation Redux. As much as George Takei seems to think that such a series would be the savior of Star Trek, you gotta keep in mind that there's nothing that particular series would come up with that's different from the five previous series.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wasn't there some rumor-speak about a prequel movie being planned behind closed doors? I had a thought yesterday:

They've made it very clear that Archer and Company (or at least Archer) plays a heavy role in the founding of the Federation. But now, we're never going to get to see it. If they did a movie (or even a mini-series on television) about the founding, we've got a couple of problems. There would be many years oof material to cover between the end of the series and the founding. Too much to just skip and too much to try and play catch-up on during the course of the film and still have a story.

So I guess if anything further is done with Enterprise, ever, I'd like to see 2 or 3 mini series type installments. But jumping right to a motion picture I think would be a bad idea.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last I heard about any Star Trek movie was that it had been pushed the bottom of the very long list of things that Paramount wanted to make a movie about first (right under "Ernest Cleans the Pool" and "Diehard: In the Geriatric Home").

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There were rumours about a prequel movie, IIRC even with a completely new cast, and set sometime around the founding of the UFP. Later rumours claimed that the idea was rejected. However, Berman claimed there haven't even been talks about a new movie.

I think they're not really willing to touch Star Trek for the forseeable future. And really though, what the hell hasn't been done in Star Trek already? The franchise needs a rest after 18 years of weekly episodes.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
God, I can scarcely beleive how many people would rather see a f*cking CAPTAIN SULU series than what we've been getting from ENT. It's astonishing.

Season 3 the worst Trek ever? What are you SMOKING???

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

Apparently I'm not smoking the same thing that the people who enjoyed the Xindi stories are smoking.

And yeah, Captain Sulu. Not that I necessarially want to see one now. After all, George Takai is probably too old to be a dynamic convincing captain. (On the other hand, Picard wasn't a spring chicken).

Maybe it's an age thing. You young kids who think Star Trek is first and formost TNG era or after are a different breed than those of us who rigged antennas out of spit, coat hangers and bailing wire just to watch TOS through all the static and snow because it was the only Star Trek ever made.

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  9  10  11   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.