Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » R.I.P. Star Trek: Enterprise (Page 7)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: R.I.P. Star Trek: Enterprise
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Lost is the greatest show ever, and has various sf elements dancing around its borders, with hints of more substantial weirdness to come. Just saying.)
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mighty Blogger Snay:
"DS9 at least established unique cultures with diverse perspectives in it's first season."

ALLAMARAINE!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mostly, I meant Cardassian, Ferengi and Bajoran, Andrew.

But....sigh

Third Shap
Place your wager.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Ferengi were about as unique as my thirteen-in-a-dozen disposable cardboard plate collection.
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't know Andrew as only introduced as late as DS9's first season. But we certainly never had anything like him before.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
!?! Well techically a few episodes of season 4 TNG, actually - probably Kahn and Search and/or Voyage Home for Trek in general. ACTUALLY I remember my dad borrowing out a few episodes of season 1 TNG when they came out on video when the series first came out - probably 1988 by the time the released them here. I remember watching "Justice" and then walked away! [Big Grin]

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

quote:
Originally posted by Cartman:
The Ferengi were about as unique as my thirteen-in-a-dozen disposable cardboard plate collection.

Hey now! Ferengi were effectively 1 dimensional in TNG - but Wolfe and Behr flesh the Ferengi out to be an interesting species.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sci-fi reruns BSG throughout the week - Monday or Tuesday night, I believe.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pardon the off-topic tangent, but:

quote:
Originally posted by Mighty Blogger Snay:

In fact, as we learn with the Helo/Boomer mk2, [SNIP].

EEEEEK!!! Spoiler warnings, PLEASE! I won't see the series episodes for some time yet.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
I didn't know Andrew as only introduced as late as DS9's first season. But we certainly never had anything like him before.

Andrew was introduced late in DS9's first season? What?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Mostly, I meant Cardassian, Ferengi and Bajoran, Andrew.

Try to keep up.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cardassian, Ferengi and Bajoran aren't "him" though, are they?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice try, though. I'm sure you'll get it right eventually. B)

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:

As to DS9, at least I liked their characters from the start (except Dax- in season one she was lame) while I genuinely disliked everyone on BSG except Tigh.
I think he has the most development potential.
Hell, it's be cool to see him become an inspirational leader (assuming the series lasts a couple of years to work it in slowly).

To be honest, I don't get that point of view. While sometimes, I like a show where all of the cast is likeable (e.g. Firefly), that hardly makes me exclude all shows that have many abrasive characters, especially if a show is going for a darker feel. One might as well complain about The 4400 not having enough jokes.
Why do you have to like all the characters to enjoy watching the show?

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NO...I can really HATE a character if it's presented nicely.
I just found the BSG cast to be....petty.

As I said, Tigh shows real potential.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps