Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » A Scott Bakula question.

Author Topic: A Scott Bakula question.
Pwesty
Member # 1035

- posted      Profile for Pwesty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys
With all the sad news this week about the cancelling of Enterprise I just wondering something. Since Scott Bakula was the best known out of all the cast that I know of I wondering if anybody just how he got the part of the good captain? Was it something that he wanted to do or what or was it just another job anybody know?
Thanks ,;-)

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to guess he auditioned for it.

Also - look, take some advice, re-read what you wrote before you post it because otherwise it has to be reread a few times to understand what you're trying to say. Like, this bit here?:

"Since Scott Bakula was the best known out of all the cast that I know of I wondering if anybody just how he got the part of the good captain?"

See what I mean? Hold on, here it is again, edited:

"Since Scott Bakula was the best known out of all the cast (that I know of), I was wondering if anybody knew just how he got the part of the good captain?"

One is understandable. The other you have to guess at.

And to answer your question, I don't think Scott Bakula was hurting for money before Enterprise, so I'd imagine he took it because he wanted to.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Pwesty
Member # 1035

- posted      Profile for Pwesty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pwesty
Member # 1035

Sorry.
MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Geez, Snay, given how half the guys on here don't know "your" from "you're" and fewer know that infinite isn't spelled with an A, you're being a might selective in your criticism. Yes, it was clumsily written and badly punctuated, but I think the question was clear enough.

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah--it was clear enough. I don't know if Bakula auditioned along with others for the part, though.

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree, that was a bit harsh. It's not as if he spelt it "rediculous".

I thought I read somewhere that they approached Bakula for the part, wanting a "face".

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm quite sure he would've had to audition for the part regardless. Doing screen tests and what not seems to be just par for the course when selecting a cast, no matter how known you already are.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

missmanners
Member # 1523

- posted      Profile for missmanners     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps he had the right strut when pacing. (Why must every captain have an annoying mannerism?)

And if I post a report due at work on Monday, would Mighty Blogger Snay be so kind as to proof it for spelling and syntax?

Thank you and have a nice day.

[Wink]
mm

--------------------
To live is to war with trolls.~ Henrik Ibsen

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.